• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LG Player Rankings

adharcric

International Coach
Richard said:
Does it take account if the bowler has lost his father the day before and is making an effort to "take one for the team"?

Or if the bowler has a broken finger?
Are those situations common? No. Are these rankings perfect? No. Seriously, it's virtually impossible to create perfect rankings. Anyone sensible knows the limitations.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
The rankings are simply a guide. If you don't have the control to prevent yourself from strictly obeying them, that's your problem (and not the rankings'). Just ignore them.

EDIT: you != Richard

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well...

You said "you != Richard". Which I'd interpret as "you are not Richard"; ie, "this post I've just edited was aimed at someone other than Richard".

And I then asked for clarification - you have, to date, not been forthcoming. :huh:

adharcric

International Coach
Well...

You said "you != Richard". Which I'd interpret as "you are not Richard"; ie, "this post I've just edited was aimed at someone other than Richard".

And I then asked for clarification - you have, to date, not been forthcoming. :huh:
Crap, my bad. Let me explain ...
The rankings are simply a guide. If you don't have the control to prevent yourself from strictly obeying them, that's your problem (and not the rankings'). Just ignore them.

EDIT: you != Richard
Just pointing out that my statement wasn't directed specficially at you ...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
who is david kendix and how can i get his email.
Don't have a clue how you could get his email, but he's the top mathematician who designed the fomulae for all I$C$C rankings (teams and players), and probably the only one to completely understand them.