• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Males banned from watching the women world cup qualifiers in Pakistan

C_C

International Captain
Oh yea !
Nothing more arousing and carnal than watching a woman wearing white shirt and pants holding a stick and whacking a ball all over the park.
:wacko:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's just the way Islam is, and unfortunately Pakistan are just gonna have to accept it.

I don't agree with it, but then there are lots of things Muslims don't agree with about non-Muslim society.

FRAZ

International Captain
It's just the way Islam is, and unfortunately Pakistan are just gonna have to accept it.

I don't agree with it, but then there are lots of things Muslims don't agree with about non-Muslim society.
Well said !
There are different things which can be discussed over here but any ways . A religion has nothing to do with a state and it's not the state's job to involve religion ... This all movement starting from soviet union's raid on Afghanistan has ruined us ! !@#$in people !@#$in retards. I mean because of these mullahs every thing is messed up !!!!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blame Zulfiquar Ali Bhutto and General Zia-Ul-Haq - twas their idea (according to Osman, I hasten to add) to make Pakistan an Islamic Republic.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, I can see how watching women's cricket could contribute to general immorality and the downfall of all that is good and decent 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I say - you might not, but some can.

Mixed PE lessons have never, ever been allowed at Islamic schools.

FRAZ

International Captain
Blame Zulfiquar Ali Bhutto and General Zia-Ul-Haq - twas their idea (according to Osman, I hasten to add) to make Pakistan an Islamic Republic.
Islamic republic in a true sense was agood idea but un-cooked version of Islam is the worst idea .
I mean hypocricy is at it's best over there. You call it Islam . haha ! It's just !@#$in mullah ism . I mean my belief in Islam firms itself when I see one prediction of Prophet being fulfilled that "Mullahs are going to be the worst creatures under this sky near the end times" ....
I mean the basic problems happen when Islam is dragged in the politics . The un-mixed culture !!@#$s up every thing .
These ******** suicidal !@#$s are ruining the image of all the people there ........ Trust me I am human !!!

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting, It seems the post I made 20 mins ago didnt register. Probably for the best :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well obviously, but that doesn't prevent me offering an opinion does it? Even if it is disguised with a little sarcasm.
I wasn't trying to - just pointing-out that others have a differing opinion.

It's such misunderstandings of the world of Islam that has resulted in it becoming so isolated as it has. What to some people is quite right is utterly ridiculous to others. And some people go very, very OTT in expressing such opinions, and the Osama bin Ladens of this World use that to twist young boys' minds into twisted things...

FRAZ

International Captain

It's such misunderstandings of the world of Islam that has resulted in it becoming so isolated as it has. What to some people is quite right is utterly ridiculous to others. And some people go very, very OTT in expressing such opinions, and the Osama bin Ladens of this World use that to twist young boys' minds into twisted things...
Spot on !!

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain

Naturally I'm aware of the differing opinions of others. I also didn't mention Islam in my original post. IMO this ruling is stupid no matter who made it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member

What a completely ridiculous attitude. The mere fact that certain people believe something doesn't make it right, fair or just, and dismissing issues of consequence as mere divergence of opinion is stupid. I'm sure many people in the south in the US felt that Jim Crow laws were fine, plenty of white South Africans were fond of Apartheid and plenty of people in Nazi Germany felt that exterminating the Jews was the way to go.

I'm all for taking a relativist approach to cultural differences, but when it comes to simple issues of ethics it's a totally different matter. Not that this particular issue is a crucial one, but your attitude on it is baffling.

Slow Love™

International Captain
So, just to be straight on this, it actually is a step forward in the sense of women being allowed to play competitive cricket in Pakistan, right? (The article suggests that Pakistan wouldn't recognize or host such an event in the past.) If that's the case, I guess it's a case of baby steps - it also sounds like a plus that they can wear their standard uniforms instead of what sounds like the more concealing clothing originally preferred. That alone must signify some progress. If they allow male officials, they will soon run out of internally consistent (I prefer using that description to reasonable or plausible for obvious reasons) arguments to keep out non-spousal/familial males though.

The whole idea of banning men from the event is IMO bulldust, as is much of the general idea of women as passive *** objects and men as leering animals in some sections of Islamic society, but pragmatically, it seems a step in the right direction that they are supporting the womens' right to play. Hopefully further change will take place on various fronts once certain doors get opened.

You always walk a fine line with issues like this though - you either find the conditions unacceptable in which case the event simply doesn't take place, or you cautiously accept the conditions with the risk that you will be interpreted as supporting them.

pasag

RTDAS
Have a fair bit to say here, but I'll stay out of this one. Don't really want to open a can of worms.

dass

Banned
i think the decision is actually good because i know single men would definatly distract the game, by being vulgar to the women. The lowclass punjabis in pakistan and also in india can be very rude and vulgar to women, and i know there have been incidents before where these women cricketers were ***ually harassed by single men. and the whole reason behind this decision is actually to have more women spectators.