• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Warne moment

andmark

International Captain
I know this is a bit late, but I think we should have Shane Warne in the spotlight once more.Anyway what was your faveriote Warne moment.Mine was being at Old Trafford watching him take his 600th test wicket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Adam Gilchrist joining the team.

His rendition of "bowling, Shane" and "ooorrrrhhhh, yes, Shane" was so infinately better than Healy's.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol: Never heard that-'un!

What is pretty amazing, mind, is that Warne only once bowled to a stand-in wicketkeeper! All his career, the wicketkeepers were Healy and Gilchrist, and the two of them only missed a single Test between 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the reasons for the bastion of stability in Australia of the last 18 years.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol: Never heard that-'un!

What is pretty amazing, mind, is that Warne never bowled to a stand-in wicketkeeper! All his career, the wicketkeepers were Healy and Gilchrist, and neither of them ever missed a Test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the reasons for the bastion of stability in Australia of the last 18 years.
Was Warne playing in the Test when Phil Emery played?
Yes

I miss one, evidently.

But 1 Test in 18 years is still a pretty impressive run.
:laugh:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I was laughing at the fact you were telling us how amazing that fact was, then Jack casually mentioned the name Phil Emery, thus rendering your amazing fact redundant.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Uh, well, it's still pretty amazing to have 2 consecutive wicketkeepers miss 1 Test between them in 18 years.

It doesn't render it redundant, anyhoo - it means it doesn't exist. Something slightly different does instead.

cover drive man

International Captain
I know this is a bit late, but I think we should have Shane Warne in the spotlight once more.Anyway what was your faveriote Warne moment.Mine was being at Old Trafford watching him take his 600th test wicket.
I remember that day we went it was great wasn't it did anyone else go?

Fiery

Banned
I remember that day we went it was great wasn't it did anyone else go?
Stop! Evening Sir, I'm the Punctuation Police. That sentence is missing 4 or 5 punctuation marks that would have made it much easier to read. You've shown flagrant disregard for commas, full-stops and question marks. I'll let you off with a caution this time. Have a good evening :)

pup11

International Coach
My best warne moment was the last time he walked off the ground at SCG after aussies wrapped up the ashes 5-0. It was a lump in the throat moment for me as the feeling seeped in that now i am not gonna see this legend on a cricket field weaving his magic on his opponents and mesmerising them, not gonna hear gilly say "well bowled warna"ever again on a cricket.