• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden's 181*, how good was it really?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah. Surname, tho, I presume.

In which case, Bowman 1 - Dickinson 0. :p Doesn't do to use your surname and my first.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Ah. Surname, tho, I presume.

In which case, Bowman 1 - Dickinson 0. :p Doesn't do to use your surname and my first.
Haha, fair enough, though i think only my parents recognise i have a first name, even teachers call me Bowman nowadays.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I'm universally "Dickinson" on here because there are so many Richs... Twyman, Hingston, Dickinson, Edmunds and whatever-PTU's-surname-is.

Same with Fuller and Bennett, TBH.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Well I'm universally "Dickinson" on here because there are so many Richs... Twyman, Hingston, Dickinson, Edmunds and whatever-PTU's-surname-is.

Same with Fuller and Bennett, TBH.
I only recently realised that Fuller was not as i had first thought a Scotish St Helens rugby leauge supporter.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I enjoyed both innings very much and thought Haydens was much better over-all however all Haydens sixes were placed in nearly the exact same spot everytime whereas McMillan had style and played his shots for six beautifully.
Does it really matter where a six is hit. As long as it isn't a top edge, I don't think you can knock a batsman for smashing them in the same place everytime, or say that another batsman's innings was better because his sixes were hit all over the ground.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It does get damn frustrating seeing the exact same shot over and over again, and not once mis-hit, though! :laugh:

Natman20

International Debutant
Im just saying McMillans innings was more enjoyable for me whereas Haydens was rather repetitive.

Fiery

Banned
I can't imagine the delight he'd have got from the feeling "these stupid bowlers just keep bowling it here, don't they..." *BOINK*
A combination of lack of variation in length by the bowlers, being in so long and getting into a "zone" when a batsman starts "seeing it like a pumpkin". I've experienced this myself just once in 25 odd years of batting. Hayden probably has quite a few times.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
His knock was very good, it was the equivalent of a good ODI 100. The reason why it wasnt 'great' was because the ground was a backyard, the pitch a road and the attack impotent. None of those bowlers were genuine 'world class' and didnt have any special pace or movement, so on a road they are just fodder, which they were.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
His knock was very good, it was the equivalent of a good ODI 100. The reason why it wasnt 'great' was because the ground was a backyard, the pitch a road and the attack impotent. None of those bowlers were genuine 'world class' and didnt have any special pace or movement, so on a road they are just fodder, which they were.
Well said ;)