• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batter or Bowler?

readie

State Regular
I'm an all-rounder in the true sense of the word - i bat, and i bowl off-spin, leg spin, fast ones, really slow ones, and medium. I think you should bowl every ball different the amount of people you get with it's pretty good

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
When you bowl what type are you.
In 2005 I could spin the a tennis ball for very far with a legbreak, and devolped the googly last year. But now I cant bowl leg-break or googly, and I find off-spin very hard to bowl so I ball medium pace but it still goes wrong.

Majin

International Debutant
I like to think of myself as a bowler, though in reality I'm probably best at umpiring. I'm a dire cricketer.

1-9-7-7

International Regular
When I can be bothered and I'm up for it I'm pretty good at being a wicket-keeper

But aside from that I'm a very very poor batsmen, but not a bad medium pace bowler.

andmark

International Captain
In 2005 I could spin the a tennis ball for very far with a legbreak, and devolped the googly last year. But now I cant bowl leg-break or googly, and I find off-spin very hard to bowl so I ball medium pace but it still goes wrong.
I'd advise you to get a Cricket ball.Go to a park and see which you're the best at. (I'm not to be bigheaded)

Majin

International Debutant
Should have mentioned that I (try) to bowl Off spin when I bowl, although I have been known to bowl the odd Doosra (on purpose, too. xD) when I can get it to work...only problem is I don't think I've ever landed one on the right spot. :wacko:

andmark

International Captain
I've only started to enjoy Batting for clubs in my last game. I think my "best" shot it the Sweep.

(I putted best in " " because I'm not a good batter.)

DCC_legend

International Regular
Same Andmark, i'm rubbish too. Although this season i'm starting to get some sort of batting together.

Raptor11

Cricket Spectator
I'm a decent wicket-keeper and right-handed batsman.

I can bowl, with some accuracy, a good yorker, standard straight and leg-spin, (although it is extremely hard to do with a tennis ball)

BomasticBushkin

Cricket Spectator
I am a biiig allrounder.

Batting, I'm a middle order or opening. I'm not a big hitter, more of a stroke player... working on my big hits. Pretty good though.
Bowling, jack of all trades. I prefer off-spin, bowling armballs, topspinners, you name it... even working on a doosra! When playing on dry grass, I can exact some serious spin. I can also bowl leg-spin, nice leg breaks, two googlies (one spins harder, but is easier to detect), and if I'm having a good day I can bowl flippers. When not spinning, I'm medium or slow pacing. Mean and quick bouncers, fairly sucky yorkers, that sometimes catch people LBW. Ya know.
Fielding, I'm a keeper. Pretty good at it. When not keeper, I'm somewhere where I get ground balls... not ones in the air.

And that's me. Don't think I'm good though, my bowling is fairly sucky. I have many bad days.

primey007

Cricket Spectator
Opening bowler originally, now I'm batting at number 4 after recent performances with the bat.

You could say I was a bowler who could bat, but injury now says I'm a batsman who can bowl (just). I'm certainly more than capable of doing both.