• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Innings of the Week 12th-18th Feb

Innings of the week 12-18th Feb

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
This week, there is a little more competition. Vote for what you thought was the innings of the week

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Do you mean personally, or generally Silent Striker? Case Example - Paul Collingwood 206 in Adelaide.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Do you mean personally, or generally Silent Striker? Case Example - Paul Collingwood 206 in Adelaide.
Both. There have been some fantastic innings in a losing cause. And a lot of times its the bowlers faults that the match wasn't won (unlike Adelaide where it was the batting in the 2nd innings), but nevertheless if I had two innings of similar stature, I would always tend to pick the one that resulted in a win.

Unfair perhaps, but thats the way it goes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No its not the way it goes, its the way you go.

Anyway, its between Taylor and Chamara Silva for mine. I'd give it to Silva tbh, without him, India would have coasted even more than they did.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No its not the way it goes, its the way you go.

Anyway, its between Taylor and Chamara Silva for mine. I'd give it to Silva tbh, without him, India would have coasted even more than they did.
Agreeing with Jono. Great effort for a maiden ton from the position he game in at, and Taylor was sooooo streaky for his first fifty!

adharcric

International Coach
Silva was impressive but the Indian spinners really helped with their pathetic lines (especially Bhajji's leg-side tripe). Gotta be Yuvraj or (probably) Taylor.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Taylor was sooooo streaky for his first fifty!
But he didn't get out...

He edged a few - you're always pretty likely to when having to chase 330.

Fact is, he scored a chanceless 117 and it played a massive part in a sensational victory - one of the most pivotal, perhaps, in NZ cricket history.

Therefore, IMO, it's probably a rather better innings than most.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Going with Chamara Silva for his maiden ton, he actually played quite good compared to streaky innings from Ross Taylor.

archie mac

International Coach
Only heard the Taylor one (and not all of it) on the radio, so voted for that one.

Although it really annoys me when people vote for say Gatting over Hobbs because they have never heard of Hobbs8-)

So maybe I should not have voted:laugh:

Natman20

International Debutant
Its a hard pole because hardly anyone would have watched all of those innings to make a comparison. I voted taylor because of some of the strokes I saw him play. (you can watch the highlights at the blackcaps site)