• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Innings of the Week 12th-18th Feb

Innings of the week 12-18th Feb

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

open365

International Vice-Captain
I've certainly watched it - not exhaustively, but plenty enough to suggest to me that the techniques are not as-a-general-rule inferior.

Joel Garner had a pretty similar record, BTW. What does that tell you?

I think you're referring to Katherine Brunt, too.
Ok, show me some women cricketers with better techniques than their male counterparts

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's rather hard to do on the internet.

I can assure you, though, there are many girls I know with a better technique than myself.

And TBH, I don't think you'd have to go too far to find some women with better techniques than Imran Nazir and Shahid Afridi.

open365

That's rather hard to do on the internet.

I can assure you, though, there are many girls I know with a better technique than myself.

And TBH, I don't think you'd have to go too far to find some women with better techniques than Imran Nazir and Shahid Afridi.
Your using yourself as an example when discussing international cricketers?

Weakens your argument TBH.

And Shaid Nazir and Shaid Afridi are international MALE cricketers, i think you'd be insane to think ANY women in the game could have a better record or even close in the mens game as those 2 do.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Your using yourself as an example when discussing international cricketers?

Weakens your argument TBH.
I was comparing contemporaries. Believe it or not, I do know one or two girls who play cricket and they're all rather better at batting than me. I can bowl, though.
And Shaid Nazir and Shaid Afridi are international MALE cricketers, i think you'd be insane to think ANY women in the game could have a better record or even close in the mens game as those 2 do.
I'd be truly astounded if you gave every women's-ODI player a the number of chances at their level that Shahid and Imran have had, if none turned-out better.

You'd just need someone with an ounce of sense.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You seriously don't believe a single women cricketer could do a better job than Shahid Afridi and Imran Nazir? :blink:

adharcric

International Coach
I was referring to the idea that there is a HUGE gap in ability (physical and technical) between men's cricket and women's cricket.

As for the claim you just brought up ... yeah, very possible.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In that Sachin Tendulkar > Belinda Clark?

Probably.

But we honestly will never know - because the two don't mix.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
You seriously don't believe a single women cricketer could do a better job than Shahid Afridi and Imran Nazir? :blink:
Dude, there are crazy, out landish ideas and then there is this and where you are taking it.

Womens cricket is TERRIBLE compared to mens. Technically worse, athletically worse, physically worse, lacking in talent etc.

Ive seem a lot of provincial Womens cricket here in SA and spent time with women cricketers in England. There are the equivelent of a half decent U'16 school team and Im not being nasty, in fact Im probably being very generous.

To say they could produce similar efforts to Afridi or Nazir kinda just shreds a lot of your credability.

open365

Dude, there are crazy, out landish ideas and then there is this and where you are taking it.

Womens cricket is TERRIBLE compared to mens. Technically worse, athletically worse, physically worse, lacking in talent etc.

Ive seem a lot of provincial Womens cricket here in SA and spent time with women cricketers in England. There are the equivelent of a half decent U'16 school team and Im not being nasty, in fact Im probably being very generous.

To say they could produce similar efforts to Afridi or Nazir kinda just shreds a lot of your credability.
Glad someone else has noticed the incredible gap between the ***es.

You have to appreciate just how hard Mens international cricket is.

I mean, my clubs first team with a full strength side would beat England's ODI team imo. And my club are in the 2nd division of the Liverpool comp.

Just look at the women's techniques next time they're on tv, no offense, but they're pretty much all poor.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

OK... I admit defeat, if a non-biased source like yourself suggests such a thing, it must be true...

I admit I'm not a connoisseur of the woman's game but I tried my best to defend it... :down:

open365

OK... I admit defeat, if a non-biased source like yourself suggests such a thing, it must be true...

I admit I'm not a connoisseur of the woman's game but I tried my best to defend it... :down:
Richard, can you please so ****ing accusing me of being ***ist/racist.

Please?

Natman20

International Debutant

I read once that you would never ever accept defeat. Thats a good sign Richard :laugh:

open365

I didn't do either... well I did one and then withdrew the accusation.

So ****ing? :huh:
Yes you bloody well did, you said to Goughy "OK... I admit defeat, if a non-biased source like yourself suggests such a thing, it must be true..."

Implying i'm the biased source, when in fact you were biased towards them because you blatantly ignored the huge quality difference between men and women at cricket.

Any idea what club Goughy?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes you bloody well did, you said to Goughy "OK... I admit defeat, if a non-biased source like yourself suggests such a thing, it must be true..."

Implying i'm the biased source, when in fact you were biased towards them because you blatantly ignored the huge quality difference between men and women at cricket.
You weren't the only one expressing such sentiments. And by "a non-biased source" I meant someone like Kev who has extensive experience of both playing and watching cricket with girls. Something neither you nor I boast.