• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Innings of the Week 12th-18th Feb

Innings of the week 12-18th Feb

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
There is a bit of competition for next week, as two of the lesser, but very impressive innings were in a winning cause, which can sway some of the voters. and based on the dodgy ranking policy, there could be a decent competition next week.

If Im struggling for 5 options, should I include womens cricket?

open365

International Vice-Captain
There is a bit of competition for next week, as two of the lesser, but very impressive innings were in a winning cause, which can sway some of the voters. and based on the dodgy ranking policy, there could be a decent competition next week.

If Im struggling for 5 options, should I include womens cricket?
Does anyone watch/follow/care about women's cricket?

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Thats a very ***ist attitude open365 and I would appreciate it if you refrained from such actions.

:ph34r:

open365

Thats a very ***ist attitude open365 and I would appreciate it if you refrained from such actions.

:ph34r:
I wasn't being ***ist, i was asking if any body cared or followed womens cricket(because i don't) to see if including women's innings in the poll would be a good idea.

And yes for the record i am ***ist, i think women's cricket is crap.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The bowling might be slower and the batting less power-orientated, but IMO that doesn't make it inferior.

Just different.

If you don't like it, obviously, that's your choice, but I don't see that you can justifiably claim batting, bowling or fielding technique is inferior.

open365

The bowling might be slower and the batting less power-orientated, but IMO that doesn't make it inferior.

Just different.

If you don't like it, obviously, that's your choice, but I don't see that you can justifiably claim batting, bowling or fielding technique is inferior.
Well not meaning to sounds uppish, but they obviously are, just look at the way they bat, they struggle against 80mph bowling, against 85-90 their techniques would look even worse than they do at their own level.

It's not like in tennis imo, cricket is a very asthetic game, tennis isn't. Watching women cricket isn't fun for the same reason watching low level club cricket is not as good as test cricket, the whole game is slower and worse looking.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well not meaning to sounds uppish, but they obviously are, just look at the way they bat, they struggle against 80mph bowling, against 85-90 their techniques would look even worse than they do at their own level.
Do they?

open365

Yes, that aussie pace bowler who's retired now i think was the quickest bowler in the game and she finished her career in ODIs with a bowling average under 20 and economy rate of under 3.

Have you ever watched women's cricket Richard? if you don't mind me asking, it just seems odd to me than anyone could watch it and not see how inferior their techniques are.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've certainly watched it - not exhaustively, but plenty enough to suggest to me that the techniques are not as-a-general-rule inferior.

Joel Garner had a pretty similar record, BTW. What does that tell you?

I think you're referring to Katherine Brunt, too.