• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Plunkett admits to drink driving

PY

International Coach
Idiot.

At least no-one was hurt. Hopefully can learn from his mistakes and get on with life.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Problem is that he is public property and he can't make his mistakes in private.
Drunk driving is not a 'mistake', like forgetting to do the laundry. Its potentially a situation where you'll get yourself killed, and more importantly, some other innocent person killed.

Any respect I had for him went completely out the window.

C_C

International Captain
Drunk driving is not a 'mistake', like forgetting to do the laundry. Its potentially a situation where you'll get yourself killed, and more importantly, some other innocent person killed.

Massive overreaction tbh. This is drunk driving we'r talking about. Not exactly highway robbery or murder for a person to lose total respect.
True, drunk driving is not something to be encouraged but in reality, there are many many people who drive their whole lifetimes under influence without an incident. Its all about knowing your limit and being inside that. The laws are at a ridiculous level here imo- where drinking one beer and driving 15 min. later can get you busted. Well, i've tested this in motion labs and shooting ranges and one beer doesn't even slow my reflexes by 0.1 seconds.Besides, driving is not about reflexes anyways- if you are using your reflexes while driving it means two things only : either you messed up or someone else messed up. I know a few friends who drive under influence and i have no probs with them because they know what they are doing - a glass of wine or a bottle of beer is nothing to them and they are responsible people in general.

Not something to be encouraged,sure, but far cry from the horrible ghastly act you are potraying it to be.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach

Yet you still respect Asif? :p

That's a joke by the way before someone jumps on me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yet you still respect Asif? :p

That's a joke by the way before someone jumps on me.
Asif didn't put anyone's life in danger. Sorry but I had a friend who died because some ****er had too much to drink and was too stupid to get a cab home. I have no patience and no excuse is good enough. Far as I'm concerned, its a deadly weapon you're driving and you should be put away for a long long time if you get caught.

C_C

International Captain
Asif didn't put anyone's life in danger. Sorry but I had a friend who died because some ****er had too much to drink and was too stupid to get a cab home. I have no patience and no excuse is good enough. Far as I'm concerned, its a deadly weapon you're driving and you should be put away for a long long time if you get caught.
Typical ' react from confused hurt impulses' than sane thinking.
As i said, you'll find countless people who drink and drive their entire lifetimes without incident. The key is knowing when/where to stop. Not 'oh no- he took a sip of vodka..no driving for him even though he could've eaten 5 grapes and still have more alcohol' type of reaction.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not something to be encouraged,sure, but far cry from the horrible ghastly act you are potraying it to be.
Agreed.

He did wrong, broke the law and was punished. Im pleased he didnt get any jail time. However, drink driving is far less excusable in the UK (where all the drinkning establishments are close together and there are massive amounts of taxis) compared to South Africa where no effective public transport exists.

10 years ago this would have outraged me but from my own point of view I have seen enough of different places to recognise it isnt as dispicable as I previously thought.

FRAZ

International Captain
Massive overreaction tbh. This is drunk driving we'r talking about. Not exactly highway robbery or murder for a person to lose total respect.
True, drunk driving is not something to be encouraged but in reality, there are many many people who drive their whole lifetimes under influence without an incident. .
Holy @#$% !!!!!! Holy Holy Holy !@#$#@$#@$@#$ !!!
Get a @#$%in taxi or public transit . It's not like I don't know how it is while being under influence . Bad is bad and it's a lame excuse to come up with . Law is a law . Well C_C I am so disappointed in you that I can't explain . You think it's a joke to be a jerk . I have seen some thing so horrible that I can't explain it over here . One stupid accident can haunt you for all of your life . If God Forbid you kill some one ,that sight and that guilt always remain in your brain and eyes. Don't just @#$% around with the key board in this manner . I am so so so disappointed . DO you have any idea, What is guilt" ? Have you ever been involved in such a case ??????????

PY

International Coach
Then your reaction is understandable and I apologise for making a joke about it.

I will say though that your case is far more serious to me than drink driving. That's death by dangerous driving whilst under the influence I believe and is different.

What happened to your friend is tragic and I'd almost certainly feel the same way as you, I don't think it's excusable but what do you want Plunkett to do about it now? He's made a mistake and been punished. If he did it again, then I'd say shoot him because he's not only not learnt from his mistake but he's also bringing the IQ average of our nation down.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
True, drunk driving is not something to be encouraged but in reality, there are many many people who drive their whole lifetimes under influence without an incident. Its all about knowing your limit and being inside that. The laws are at a ridiculous level here imo- where drinking one beer and driving 15 min. later can get you busted. Well, i've tested this in motion labs and shooting ranges and one beer doesn't even slow my reflexes by 0.1 seconds.Besides, driving is not about reflexes anyways- if you are using your reflexes while driving it means two things only : either you messed up or someone else messed up. I know a few friends who drive under influence and i have no probs with them because they know what they are doing - a glass of wine or a bottle of beer is nothing to them and they are responsible people in general.

There are many people who do all sorts of bad things, doesn't make them right.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Typical ' react from confused hurt impulses' than sane thinking.
As i said, you'll find countless people who drink and drive their entire lifetimes without incident.
And you'll find lots of people who get away with lots of things too. What's your point?

Not 'oh no- he took a sip of vodka..no driving for him even though he could've eaten 5 grapes and still have more alcohol' type of reaction.
The key word in the statement 'drunk driving' is 'drunk'. To be considered drunk, you have to have a certain BAC level, and usually its not 'sip of vodka'. Good job on the straw man argument though.

C_C

International Captain
The key word in the statement 'drunk driving' is 'drunk'. To be considered drunk, you have to have a certain BAC level, and usually its not 'sip of vodka'. Good job on the straw man argument though.
As i said, out here if you drink a bottle of beer, you need to wait over an hour to be under legal alcohol limit. Yes, just ONE effin beer. And in many of the states, the laws are even more ridiculous.