Matteh - 8000 posts
    adharcric - 7000 posts
    Barney Rubble - 7000 posts
    Mr Casson - 6000 posts
    NZTailender - 5000 posts
    33/3from3.3 - 3000 posts
    Lillian Thomson - 1000 posts
    Stumped - 1000 posts

It is sad to announce that Nightprowler is leaving the team so we need a new Awards staff member, any takers? Some quality post this week lets keep it up, as we count down to the World Cup

Still looking for another member to join the team

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
    Marc (awards judge)
    Richard (Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
    Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
    Position vacant (Warne and Bradman)
    Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

All other awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Natman 20 for this click here Very tough competition this week for the Afridi, Natman just in front of BoyBrumby click here

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Swervey for this click here , lots of 20/20 threads this week, not sure why

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Neil Pickup click here You may have to read the previous posts, to understand this one. Special mention to Jono for this: click here & also a special mention for this effort from Barney Rubble click here

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Jono I think Jono has one this award more than anyone else, top stuff!

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: moshnz for this click here I agreed at the time, but was not silly enough to post. Although it was close; NZ Tailender click here

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: LAICE-E for this click here Okay, lost me, but that might be just me?

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: FaaipDeOiad top week of posting, all quality stuff

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
    just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
    Poker Boy This has turned into the most controversial award on the site, tough job, but a deserving winner this week

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Swervy V Richard for this click here Tom and SS were in the thick of it as well, interesting read.

Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: And the Winner is: dass for this click here Why oh why?

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: no award this week, lots of late tips for the Kiwi’s but a little late to win such a prestigious award imo

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management
    You know it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Jono I think Jono has one this award more than anyone else, top stuff!

Congrats to all other winners.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    My first award is the Afridi That was a very late at night post too. Congrats to all winners.

Quite a few excellent choices this week.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Well done to all the winners
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Well done to all winners, well deserved.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Better signs this week in terms of overall posting. Well done guys. Hope my Hussey selection was better this time?

Quote Originally Posted by adharcric View Post
    Better signs this week in terms of overall posting. Well done guys. Hope my Hussey selection was better this time?
    I think the Hussey should be determined on sign up date as opposed to the amount of posts. Poker Boy has been around for a while and is definitely not a newcomer.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    I think the Hussey should be determined on sign up date as opposed to the amount of posts. Poker Boy has been around for a while and is definitely not a newcomer.
    I made an exception this time because I planned to give him the award a few months ago but forgot about it at the time. Deserving winner IMO.
    Last edited by adharcric; 18-02-2007 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adharcric View Post
    I like it this week. Well done.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Banned
    Well done to everyone who collected an award.!

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar
    Well done guys, good stuff!
    Maria - Due December

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    "So this is what it feels like to be on top of a batsmen".
    RIP Fardin Qayummi - 15th April 2006

International Captain
    By the way Archie , computer is the best invention cuz you don't have to type the whole stuff again and again ,As I type one line and I always need a little walk and a glass of juice or water to get rid of exhaustion of superior sports journalism .
    As I was talking to a new comer about the "copy - paste art of precision and accuracy" , IMHO it sure is a good tool !! !
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Congrats to all winners.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Apologies for the lack of some awards this week people, I was away all week and unable to catch up on the forum in time to let archie know...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information