• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 11-18 Feb

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Tom Halsey - 9000 posts
Matteh - 8000 posts
adharcric - 7000 posts
Barney Rubble - 7000 posts
Mr Casson - 6000 posts
NZTailender - 5000 posts
33/3from3.3 - 3000 posts
Lillian Thomson - 1000 posts
Stumped - 1000 posts

It is sad to announce that Nightprowler is leaving the team so we need a new Awards staff member, any takers? Some quality post this week lets keep it up, as we count down to the World Cup

Still looking for another member to join the team

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Position vacant (Warne and Bradman)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

All other awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Natman 20 for this click here Very tough competition this week for the Afridi, Natman just in front of BoyBrumby click here

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Swervey for this click here , lots of 20/20 threads this week, not sure why

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Neil Pickup click here You may have to read the previous posts, to understand this one. Special mention to Jono for this: click here & also a special mention for this effort from Barney Rubble click here :laugh:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Jono I think Jono has one this award more than anyone else, top stuff!

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: moshnz for this click here I agreed at the time, but was not silly enough to post. :tongue_ss Although it was close; NZ Tailender click here

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: LAICE-E for this click here Okay, lost me, but that might be just me?:huh:

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: FaaipDeOiad top week of posting, all quality stuff :cool:

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
Poker Boy This has turned into the most controversial award on the site, tough job, but a deserving winner this week

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Swervy V Richard for this click here Tom and SS were in the thick of it as well, interesting read.

Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: And the Winner is: dass for this click here Why oh why?

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: no award this week, lots of late tips for the Kiwi’s but a little late to win such a prestigious award imo

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Jono I think Jono has one this award more than anyone else, top stuff!
:cool:

Congrats to all other winners.

Natman20

International Debutant
My first award is the Afridi :) That was a very late at night post too. Congrats to all winners.

adharcric

International Coach
Better signs this week in terms of overall posting. Well done guys. Hope my Hussey selection was better this time?

pasag

RTDAS
Better signs this week in terms of overall posting. Well done guys. Hope my Hussey selection was better this time?
I think the Hussey should be determined on sign up date as opposed to the amount of posts. Poker Boy has been around for a while and is definitely not a newcomer.

adharcric

International Coach
I think the Hussey should be determined on sign up date as opposed to the amount of posts. Poker Boy has been around for a while and is definitely not a newcomer.
I made an exception this time because I planned to give him the award a few months ago but forgot about it at the time. Deserving winner IMO.

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
By the way Archie , computer is the best invention cuz you don't have to type the whole stuff again and again ,As I type one line and I always need a little walk and a glass of juice or water to get rid of exhaustion of superior sports journalism .
As I was talking to a new comer about the "copy - paste art of precision and accuracy" , IMHO it sure is a good tool !! !

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Apologies for the lack of some awards this week people, I was away all week and unable to catch up on the forum in time to let archie know...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I know i should have nominated earlier but i thought Jono deserved Bradman while PrinceEWS deserved the Sobers. But overall good week i reckon.

Swervy

International Captain
Congratulations to the following:

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Swervey for this click here , lots of 20/20 threads this week, not sure why
back one week and the awards start coming!!!! hurrah

archie mac

International Coach
By the way Archie , computer is the best invention cuz you don't have to type the whole stuff again and again ,As I type one line and I always need a little walk and a glass of juice or water to get rid of exhaustion of superior sports journalism .
As I was talking to a new comer about the "copy - paste art of precision and accuracy" , IMHO it sure is a good tool !! !

Yes, a very good invention:happy: