• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 11-18 Feb

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I know i should have nominated earlier but i thought Jono deserved Bradman while PrinceEWS deserved the Sobers. But overall good week i reckon.
I didn't really think I could go giving Prince EWS the Sobers for 2 weeks in a row.

Had there been no serious contenders I'd obviously have gone so, but Jono had a perfectly good case IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Better signs this week in terms of overall posting. Well done guys. Hope my Hussey selection was better this time?
I think the Hussey should be determined on sign up date as opposed to the amount of posts. Poker Boy has been around for a while and is definitely not a newcomer.
I made an exception this time because I planned to give him the award a few months ago but forgot about it at the time. Deserving winner IMO.
I was just thinking I was astounded he hadn't won it before!?! :wacko::blink:

Especially given that Stumped and pup11 have!!!!!!!

adharcric

International Coach

IIRC, I gave it to Bagapath instead of him several months ago. Either I completely forgot about him or he had an inactive period and I resorted to the members mentioned above.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Pup11 is under-rated IMO. He may not be the best poster going around but he's the sort of "guts" a forum really needs. He brings up lots of topics, adds his two cents to everything and starts lots of debates. He's no SJS but he's a good guy who never resorts to things such as personal attacks and he brings a lot of discussion to the forum. I've been critical of the Hussey being given out too frequently in the past but I really do think that pup11 deserved it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sure, but ahead of Poker Boy, who's quite clearly IMO in the SJS\wpdavid league?

No way.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My Vermeulen comment, should have won the Skull.

*mumble, grumble, mumble, grumble*

FRAZ

International Captain
My Vermeulen comment, should have won the Skull.

*mumble, grumble, mumble, grumble*
Welcome to the club . I feel your pain !!
We might get higher quality awards in heaven.Worldly and temporary gains are meaningless but don't hurt at all if we get'em .

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Welcome to the club . I feel your pain !!
We might get higher quality awards in heaven.Worldly and temporary gains are meaningless but don't hurt at all if we get'em .
Hey I haven't won any award, I'd even take an Inzi or a Greigy.

The modules are scanning the ecletic fields of corinthia.

and

If England don't win the World Cup, I'm a Kweek.

pasag

RTDAS
Pup11 is under-rated IMO. He may not be the best poster going around but he's the sort of "guts" a forum really needs. He brings up lots of topics, adds his two cents to everything and starts lots of debates. He's no SJS but he's a good guy who never resorts to things such as personal attacks and he brings a lot of discussion to the forum. I've been critical of the Hussey being given out too frequently in the past but I really do think that pup11 deserved it.
I agree, pup has really grown on me, nice kid.

Sure, but ahead of Poker Boy, who's quite clearly IMO in the SJS\wpdavid league?

No way.
:laugh:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just a heads up for next week, there's about 10 Greigys, all of equal value, in the Chappell Hadlee thread regarding the 3rd ODI. I say let them all win :p