• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where does Ross Taylor rank?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well they do show English Premiership footy on some networks in India that aren't available (legally barred from being so) over here.

Not saying such a situation is remotely likely with NZ domestic games and Colin, but just that it's not completely impossible.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
What everyone is missing is that Taylor is a Polynesian! its almost unheard of to see a Polynesian guy playing cricket instead of league or rugby. He may well lead the way for other young Polynesian players.

Watch out for Dave Houpapa next. A solid left hander who seems to have a very unorthodox approach like Pietersen..but of course, no comparisons can be made as yet.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I find that terribly hard to believe, considering the only domestic cricket they've shown on NZ TV this season is the List-A final and a few Twenty20 matches. And god knows how you would get hold of it.
I'm talking about what i've seen of the players on the international stage, what does the domestic competition have to do with it?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm talking about what i've seen of the players on the international stage, what does the domestic competition have to do with it?
You were asked how much NZ domestic cricket you had seen and you replied saying you'd see a fair bit, IIRC.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
o o my bad voltman, somehow i managed to miss the word domestic in your initial post. But anyway regardless of the fact that i don't see much of NZ domestic competiton most of the younger generation of NZ players along with some old heads i.e Oram, Vincent have a lot of convincing to do in order to become quality test players.

thierry henry

International Coach
As a Richard fan from way back I don't want to harp on this too much, but it's pretty funny that a guy with such an indepth knowledge of things like first chance averages was completely unaware of the existence of an entire ethnic group that more or less monopolises a large part of the Earth's surface.

straightbat

Cricket Spectator
the kiwis needed a young batsmen to come on the scene for a long time they probarly need to work out where they wi ll get the most value out of him