• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Craig McMillan

dass

Banned
you rarely here about this guy, but that fact is he has been a really good alrounder in the NewZeland team for the last 10 years.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, he's been terribly inconsistent and frustrating for New Zealand fans.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
LOL.

"All-Rounder"? At best he's a handy partnership breaker with the ball. For the first few years of his career, he looked the goods. Averaged over 40 in tests (hard for Kiwi's to do) and scored a fair few runs for New Zealand (is about our 5-6th highest ODI run scorer). Then he tried to be too fancy and stopped relying on his natural talent and just lost the plot. As it stands,, he'll put in a good performance maybe 1-2 times out of ten. And I think he's only just turned thirty.

I rubbish the guy a lot but even after his run of being crap, his average is 38. His ODI average is about 28. He's not a first choice player, but if he could just harness what he once had, he could get his average back up over 40 and 30 respectively, and be a first team regular.

But I doubt that will happen.

social

No, he's been terribly inconsistent and frustrating for New Zealand fans.
Yep, has largely wasted his talent

Today was typical

Hits a ball straight down a fieldsman's throught when on next to nought (dropped)

Next ball tried exactly the same thing and it fell short

Some great shots

Caught off a no-ball

Plays exactly the same shot next ball and gets caught

No brain and no discipline

Perm

Would be better if some serious discussion occured, but people just get sick of them and don't feel like taking them seriously. Don't blame them really.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Would be better if some serious discussion occured, but people just get sick of them and don't feel like taking them seriously. Don't blame them really.
I got no problem with them if they are about a general issue, not just about one player. BTW im not having a go at the thread creator just the trend.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What about the Stuart Clark thread though? I know I created it so I'm bound to be defensive, but there was some serious discussion in there.

Perm

The majority of threads about a single player are dire, but your one actually encouraged discussion and not ridicule with the first post, so it was a success.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously McMillan has always been inconsistent, but I don't think its such a bad thing for a side to have a batsmen that has a free licence even if it does mean coming off every 5 or 6 innings. His innings tonight was the difference for mine

howardj

International Coach
I love Macka.

He teases his supporters.

A lot of ordinary fare with the occasional irresistible offering (like today's gem).

You just know that the only thing standing between him and an extra 20kgs is his NZ contract. :laugh:

Top bloke. Top character.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Decent player but never really been convinced by him.Someone IMO who can destroy an average attack but struggles on seaming pitches against a quality bowling line up.This explains his decent but not brilliant international career marred by inconsistency and his tubbiness:laugh: