• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Robin Uthappa

jammay123

State 12th Man
he's only young and their is every chance that he can develop his game to give him more than one gear, and for those who compare him to the incomparable mr. cricket he is nothing like hussey. as said before he only has one gear which is to try and whack every ball to the boundry. but hussey has a game in which all of his innings are played with good aggression and shot selection if he needs to nudge the balls for singles he will if he needs a six he'll get one. we havnt seen this from uthappa and i feel that his style and agression can make him a regular in the odi side as an opener but he is a long way from the test set up. he hasnt shown he has the patiuence for tests however i like him as a player and hope he gets in the test side to

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Forget about cricinfo commentary dude - anyone can pull that out.

Have you seen Loye play a square cut? It's the fugliest thing I've ever seen. Comparing Loye to Uthappa is pretty silly IMO.
Doesn't matter how pretty or ugly it is. Once it's effective.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
heck his off side shots look like hes about to get out every time

the guys a 1 trick pony and was seriously struggling in australia

doesnt matter how much he scored in the cb series

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Bloody little shot gun, when he's on track you expect a boundary. Could have a good WC he he mixes his aggressive instinct with some sensible batting.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I like hime a lot.

He should be a certainty to start at the WC, he is dynamic and has the ability to take the game to the bowlers and put them on the back foot. He may not average as high as some other players, but his quick fire 70+ scores (if he gets them) have a big impact on the game and so he should be kept.

India have a good enough batting line up to support a pinch hitter like Uthappa imo.

In comparison to Loye, i think he's defintely a class up, and i love Mal Loye.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No s***, so have I. What's the point of selectively quoting others?
What was the point in that comment ITFP? He can and does play square-cuts - he just hasn't happened to be gifted many of the requistite deliveries in his ODI career.

C_C

International Captain
Never hurt Matt Hayden...
If Hayden took his technique to worldclass opening bowlers on neutral pitches, like Ambrose, Walsh, four prong, Donald, etc., he'd be a dead man.
Oh wait, he came close to being that trying his technique against Curtley.
He's been lucky that he's an opening bat in an era of flat pitches and literally one or two opening bowler of decent class worldwide outside of his own team.
Can't imagine Hayden even averaging 30 in the 70s,80s or 90s.

Evermind

International Debutant
What was the point in that comment ITFP? He can and does play square-cuts - he just hasn't happened to be gifted many of the requistite deliveries in his ODI career.
Huh?

My original comment was:

"Have you seen Loye play a square cut? It's the fugliest thing I've ever seen."

Clearly, this implies that Loye DOES play square cuts and I HAVE seen him do it - they're just ugly. It's such a simple sentence.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Huh?

My original comment was:

"Have you seen Loye play a square cut? It's the fugliest thing I've ever seen."

Clearly, this implies that Loye DOES play square cuts and I HAVE seen him do it - they're just ugly. It's such a simple sentence.
O...K...