Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Captain with a brain !

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephen Fleming

21 58.33%
  • Mahela Jayawardene

1 2.78%
  • Michael Vaughan

10 27.78%
  • Rahul Dravid

1 2.78%
  • Brian Lara

2 5.56%
  • Pakistani Captain

1 2.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best resource handlers !!

International Captain

Icon3 Best resource handlers !!

I am skipping Ricky Ponting and Graeme Smith over here cuz both of them are well gifted with excellent and world class bowlers . Who is the best resource handler in the normal and ordinary world of cricket?
    IMHO all the other teams are well equipped with ordinary crap . Most of the other teams have 1-2 excellent/good/digestable bowlers and the poor captains have to locate and utilize their ordinary resources around those strike bowlers . So who is doing a better job ?
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    I think it's fairly obviously Stephen Fleming, when Shane Bond isn't playing it causes New Zealand's bowling attack to be quite sub-standard yet hr manages them well enough to come away with victories against better equipped teams.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    I think it's fairly obviously Stephen Fleming, when Shane Bond isn't playing it causes New Zealand's bowling attack to be quite sub-standard yet hr manages them well enough to come away with victories against better equipped teams.
    Excellent point risen over here by the gentleman and for me Dravid and Mahela are also not that far behind !

Both Mahela Jayawardene and Rahul Dravid have a number of world-class players in their teams, in a man-on-man situation New Zealand can't stand up to guys like Dravid, Tendulkar, Kumble, Muralitharan and Sangakarra.

fleming ....guys an absolute cricket nerd

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
    fleming ....guys an absolute cricket nerd
    cricket brain does not equal "cricket nerd"

Can't beleive people have picked Michael Vaughan, the guy has class players like Pietersen, Trescothick, Flintoff and Hoggard at his disposal. Then with Strauss, Bell, Panesar and himself being very good players aswell it's not like he has a poor team.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Can't beleive people have picked Michael Vaughan, the guy has class players like Pietersen, Trescothick, Flintoff and Hoggard at his disposal. Then with Strauss, Bell, Panesar and himself being very good players aswell it's not like he has a poor team.
    He might not have had Tres, but Fred made a fairly ordinary fist of managing the majority of the same resources in the recent Ashes, it must be said.

Vaughan was very impressive in our last ODI v NZ in the CB series too; the Black Caps were like 50/0 after 7 overs & MPV still marshalled his rsources to be able to defend 270.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

I'm not arguing against Vaughan being an excellent captain because I think he is every bit as capable as Stephen Fleming. However Fleming doesn't have guys with the same ability in his team that Vaughan does so I would rate Fleming higher. When comparing Vaughan to Flintoff you have to realise that they have totally different captaincy styles, Flintoff is more "follow me lads" whereas Vaughan has his plans and ideas that his astute cricketing brain is able to execute.

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Fleming quite easily.

Ponting is nothing but a whinger, but he has his days.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Vaughan was very impressive in our last ODI v NZ in the CB series too; the Black Caps were like 50/0 after 7 overs & MPV still marshalled his rsources to be able to defend 270.
    I agree with that ! Vaughan's batting shows maturity too .

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Both Mahela Jayawardene and Rahul Dravid have a number of world-class players in their teams, in a man-on-man situation New Zealand can't stand up to guys like Dravid, Tendulkar, Kumble, Muralitharan and Sangakarra.
    I don't think we should miss the fact that Fleming's not been completely devoid of class. Nor, coincidentally, that this current crop is the best NZ have had for some time.

It's not just Bond - it's Vettori, Taylor (esp), Oram, Styris, Vincent quite possibly, Fleming himself, and hell, maybe even McMillan and Gillespie.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

I wouldn't consider Styris or Vincent to be 'world class' and nor would I consider Ross Taylor 'world class' either, it's too early on his career. He hasn't even played a Test and I was referring more to test matches. Vincent and McMillan aren't in the test side and Gillespie hasn't played either. So out of the current test team, it's fair to say that Fleming, Bond and Vettori are the only world class players right? Followed up by Oram, Styris and Franklin who are all hard workers and have done well, but I don't think can be considered world class.

Michael Vaughan when fit then Fleming.
    Ian Botham, Freddie Flintoff, Kevin Pietersen, Brian Laudrup, Gazza and Daniela Hantuchova....a fan of you all FOREVER!!!
    Can't wait to see Australia field a crap leg-spinner like Hollland or Hohns again.....
    Congratulations to Daniela Hantuchova on her 3rd career title....
    Bob Woolmer 1948-2007..farewell to the best coach England never had...
    Arise Sir Beefy....
    Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb...

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I wouldn't consider Styris or Vincent to be 'world class' and nor would I consider Ross Taylor 'world class' either, it's too early on his career. He hasn't even played a Test and I was referring more to test matches. Vincent and McMillan aren't in the test side and Gillespie hasn't played either. So out of the current test team, it's fair to say that Fleming, Bond and Vettori are the only world class players right? Followed up by Oram, Styris and Franklin who are all hard workers and have done well, but I don't think can be considered world class.
    Well Franklin's sure as a better bowler than plenty currently going around. If we're talking Tests that is.

I wasn't, I was thinking ODIs.

NZ's Test side is still pretty average at the current time, yes, but it doesn't matter too much when you're only playing 2 matches in 18 months or whatever it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information