• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

which team is better zimbawe , bangldesh , kenya or scotland?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bangladesh by a fair distance really. The difference between Bangladesh and the rest of the "minnows" is probably about equal to the distance between the Australian test team and the rest of the pack.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bangladesh by a fair distance really. The difference between Bangladesh and the rest of the "minnows" is probably about equal to the distance between the Australian test team and the rest of the pack.
Indeed.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Zimbabwe.

The fact that teams have been playing and beating a Zimbabwe D team should not hide the fact that Zim could get 11 good cricketers on the field and be by far the best of this group.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Zimbabwe.

The fact that teams have been playing and beating a Zimbabwe D team should not hide the fact that Zim could get 11 good cricketers on the field and be by far the best of this group.
But they don't, and they likely never will.

Bangladesh

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
TBH i reckon half the guys that are playing in the current Zimbabwe side would make a full strength side. Guys like Blignaut, Streak, Taibu and Ervine would make a pretty big difference, but i reckon the Bangladesh side would be able to match them. The likes of Flowers, Goodwin, Johnson etc probably would have retired or in Grant Flower and Johnsons cases been surpassed.

A possible full strength side:

B Taylor, V Sibanda, C Chibhabha, T Taibu (wk), S Williams, E Chigumbura, S Ervine, H Streak, A Blignaut P Utseya, A Ireland

I probably missed a few names, but it doesn't look like the greatest side in world. Bangladesh could match this side pretty easier and more often then not beat it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
My side would probably look more like this-

Taylor
Masakadza
Wishart
Goodwin
Rogers
Taibu (wkt)
Ervine
Streak
Friend
Brent
Price/Utseya

Masakadza and Wishart are the more debatable selections and maybe I should have found a place for Andy Blignaut

Hondo and Vermeulen are obviously ruled out due to their injury/illness issues.

Young guys like Strydom, Rainsford, Coventry, Williams, Sibanda would provide depth for form issues and injuries

and other guys like Gripper, Mahwire, Chibhabha and Cremer could be brought in if required for any reason.

Looks a decent team to me with decent depth.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If you take out Murray Goodwin from that side i would still say Bangladesh are better. Guys like Wishart, Friend, Rogers, Price aren't much better then the current lot, if better at all. They would have a bit more depth, but it would just be the same type of player replacing each other.

The reason why they were strong back in the late 90s is cus they had six or so world class players. Even at full strength they only got about 4.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If you take out Murray Goodwin from that side i would still say Bangladesh are better. Guys like Wishart, Friend, Rogers, Price aren't much better then the current lot, if better at all. They would have a bit more depth, but it would just be the same type of player replacing each other.
You seriously think so?

THat team I list is a huge upgrade on the current one. Friend, Rogers etc would walk into that side.

Bang have had issues against the weak Zim. They would be decidedly second favourites against the above.