• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kamran Abbasi is a big idiot

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
What is the merit for these people hired by Cricinfo?
he is a providing a bolg on such a famous website where kids can come and say we are embarressed....i dont belive he is an editor for a newspaper.

I bet when Pak beats WI in the 1st round he will be all praises. hate people liek these who have a long term memory of only one series, they forget what happened the rest of the season.

Fusion

Global Moderator
he is a providing a bolg on such a famous website where kids can come and say we are embarressed....i dont belive he is an editor for a newspaper.

I bet when Pak beats WI in the 1st round he will be all praises. hate people liek these who have a long term memory of only one series, they forget what happened the rest of the season.
Sorry but he has a point. It was an embarrassing performance turned in by Pak against SA. What else is he supposed to say? "We'll get 'em next time, don't ya worry!". There are some serious concerns regarding Pakistan as we head into the WC. The opening problem, the frequent collapse after the middle order, the form of every bowler except Asif, and all the injuries to boot. We can't keep saying that Pakistan is just unpredictable. Going into a long campaign such as the WC, where you will be facing off against the best, you need some level of consistency to have any shot of winning it. Some tough love is required by the administration/coach/captain. No need to sugar coat it or make excuses.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
OK, firstly Pakistan played pretty well in the test series, it was in the balance till the last session. Secondly, saying that We are dissapointed should be an ok discription, given the resources. But why giving fire to critisizm. I m not a fan of PCB either but Inzimam did what he could witht he given players.

South Africa is a hard team to beat at home, even Aus lost to them, the difference between our result and Australia's is one match. I didnt see this kind of critisim of Australia who lost to a #8 ranked team at home, while our players are being crucified for losing to prbably the best team in the world away!!!

Fusion

Global Moderator
OK, firstly Pakistan played pretty well in the test series, it was in the balance till the last session. Secondly, saying that We are dissapointed should be an ok discription, given the resources. But why giving fire to critisizm. I m not a fan of PCB either but Inzimam did what he could witht he given players.

South Africa is a hard team to beat at home, even Aus lost to them, the difference between our result and Australia's is one match. I didnt see this kind of critisim of Australia who lost to a #8 ranked team at home, while our players are being crucified for losing to prbably the best team in the world away!!!
It's not losing the series, it's how we lost. In the ODI's, which is the focus right now because of the upcoming WC, we lost by 164 runs in the 1st game, 10 wickets in the 4th ODI, and by 9 wickets in the last. I believe if the 3rd ODI was not rained out, we would've been crushed in that one as well. And I'm not one to lay the entire blame on Inzi, though he should shoulder some criticism. I'm saying that as a team we got embarrassed. I understand that SA are tough to beat at home, but we were ranked 3rd in the world and were supposed to be hot favorites to win the WC. Did our performance install any sort of confidence in you? And by the way, Abbasi is blogging about Pakistan, so it's natural for him to comment on their performance. I'm sure Australia is being ripped for their performance against Eng in appropriate circles.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
There shuld be certain profesional politness to reporting, he is not disscussing Pakistan cricket ni his drawing room, he is the chosen representitive of Pakistan to million of cricket fans all over throught hat web-site, he should be more thoughtful about the words he choose. I am embarressed, is such a lame excuse for not getting expected entertainment.

Pakistan's Plan for the WC in undercoked and thank Nasim ashraf for that, but there is a time for crtisism. Now that the 15 are announced may be we should back them. Its very easy to wear a pakistan t shirt when they are winning but supporting them in rainy days is what a true fan should do.

And lets see how good SA fairs when they visit Pakistan.

C_C

International Captain
While i am not a big fan of Kamran Abbassi, i must say that his way of talking is not the most abrasive in my opinion.
I find Neil Manthorpe and Barry Richards to be by far the most obnoxious commentators/writers of all - where they ridicule and poke fun at opposition players in a considerably crass and crude fashion.
In that last test innings in RSA that Tendulkar struggled mightily, after he got out, Barry Richards was scoffing and sneering at Tendy. I mean wtf barry - this guy is a better bat than you and has done far more than you could dream of doing ! have some respect !

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I find Neil Manthorpe and Barry Richards to be by far the most obnoxious commentators/writers of all - where they ridicule and poke fun at opposition players in a considerably crass and crude fashion.
Err, what?

In the Manthorp case you'd better have some printed evidence to prove that, because in my not-inconsiderable experience of his writing I've found precisely nothing of the sort.
In that last test innings in RSA that Tendulkar struggled mightily, after he got out, Barry Richards was scoffing and sneering at Tendy. I mean wtf barry - this guy is a better bat than you and has done far more than you could dream of doing ! have some respect !
Err, that's most certainly not a given fact. Richards was quite conceivably at least as good as Tendulkar.

In any case - it's hardly relevant. If someone plays poorly, they're going to get scoffed at or something along the lines, of times from those massively inferior in ability.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well he is - people aren't allowed to go giving fake bylines such as Kamran's on Pak Spin.

I don't agree with everything he says - no-one does - but IMO he's made more than plenty of salient points in his time that that blog has been on CricInfo and I personally find him a fascinating writer.

open365

International Vice-Captain
That doesn't make sense.

He is there to comment on the current state of affairs concerning Pakistan cricket, he is not a blind supporter.

The current state of Pakistan cricket is embarrasing, and he says so, and when they play well i expect he'll say that to.

Saying he's got a short term memory is stupid, he's not saying Pakistan have always been a terrible side, he's just saying that how they played against SA was pathetic, and it was.

C_C

International Captain
Richards was quite conceivably at least as good as Tendulkar.
Pffft.
Sorry but i don't buy that spin. Regardless of how good anyone is, if they have played less than a handful of tests, they don't deserve to be rated as high as one of the greatest players in history. Definately not on the back of some county performances.

In any case - it's hardly relevant. If someone plays poorly, they're going to get scoffed at or something along the lines, of times from those massively inferior in ability.
Look, he wasn't scoffing at the innings but at Tendulkar himself - certainly uncalled for.

In the Manthorp case you'd better have some printed evidence to prove that, because in my not-inconsiderable experience of his writing I've found precisely nothing of the sort.
I too, have read enough of manthorpe and his diatribe just plumbs new depths with time - the way he criticised Lara or lay into visiting team players are by far the most obnoxious and one-eyed behaviour i've ever come across any columnist.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pffft.
Sorry but i don't buy that spin. Regardless of how good anyone is, if they have played less than a handful of tests, they don't deserve to be rated as high as one of the greatest players in history. Definately not on the back of some county performances.
Bull****. If you can't judge on international you do on domestic. Richards did not achieve what Tendulkar did but to suggest he wasn't as talented is just pretty stupid.
Look, he wasn't scoffing at the innings but at Tendulkar himself - certainly uncalled for.
Words being? You don't have to remember them exactly, but if they so outraged you I'd guess you'd remember the gist?
I too, have read enough of manthorpe and his diatribe just plumbs new depths with time - the way he criticised Lara or lay into visiting team players are by far the most obnoxious and one-eyed behaviour i've ever come across any columnist.
Link? Or at least quote?

Beleg

International Regular
I don't like Kamran Abbasi's articles. He usually states the obvious in the most glib, overwrought and exaggerated manner possible.

C_C

International Captain
If you can't judge on international you do on domestic
Nope. Sorry. Doesn't fly. Several domestic batsmen who have Barry RIchard-esque average flopped on international stage. Domestic cricket is of lower quality. End of. Lower quality is no the same benchmark as high quality.
\
Richards did not achieve what Tendulkar did but to suggest he wasn't as talented is just pretty stupid.
Talent is meaningless and quite a vague term. Many people with more talent flopped way worse than people with half their talent.

Link? Or at least quote?
Gimme some time.busy right now.

Words being? You don't have to remember them exactly, but if they so outraged you I'd guess you'd remember the gist?
He wasn't on air directly (probably sitting behind waiting his turn to commentate or something coz he was on air) and he was like 'pfffft. There goes another one of those 'batsmen'...hah!'.