Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi-motion cameras and runouts

hi-motion cameras and runouts

to me it seems odd that with the introduction of the new super high motion cameras wouldnt it be wise for the icc to use them in run out situations. the cameras have 1000 frames a second wheras the ones they use only have 48. it annoys me when the batsman gets the benifit of the doubt because in the tight runouts it is impossible to tell if hes out. the icc needs to pull their finger out and implement this change to make the game better.

any thoughts?
    ENGLAND CB SERIES CHAMPS FUTURE WORLD CUP CHAMPS(2011) AND IN 2009 THE ASHES HOLDERS

the official England 'patriotic cheerleader'

Proud supporter of the England national cricket, football and rugby teams and of TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUBS

Msn: jammay123@hotmail.co.uk

come on CW BLUE

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    ICC being stingy...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

International Coach
    Good point, it is a bit annoying the amount of times the ball wicket is broken between frames.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

hi-motion cameras?....I thought it was slow motion and super slow motion

hi motion is super slow motion. they called it the high motion camera on one of the cricket matches i was watching ot sure which one though

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Meh it's like goal line technology in football, a solution to a problem that's not that great really.

Though i wouldn't mind seeing more hi motion cameras in general as they provide brilliant pictures.

but its not the same as goal line technology because their is a debate in football as to wheteher they should implement it or not but the technology is already being used in cricket so why not go for the best .

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    You do notice these cameras cost a huge amount of money to buy, hence Channel Nine only have one I believe.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    And I$C$C = multi-millionaires, why don't they use the money on something useful like a proper decision-making system instead of throwing it at black-holes?

2 hi-motion cameras for each Test would be absolutely perfect, along with everything else I've suggested before.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    And I$C$C = multi-millionaires, why don't they use the money on something useful like a proper decision-making system instead of throwing it at black-holes?

2 hi-motion cameras for each Test would be absolutely perfect, along with everything else I've suggested before.
    but then would the ICC take the cameras to every game?....u cant exactly buy one for every ground in the world...or even england for that matter

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    I believe that more and more hi motion cameras are being used throughout international cricket, so its a possibility in the near future that they will be used for third umpire decisions.
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Yeah I mentioned something along these lines a while ago; you always see super slow motion images of something stupid, like Andrew Symonds' dreadlocks as he comes into bowl, but you never see it focussed on something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    Meh it's like goal line technology in football, a solution to a problem that's not that great really.
    Have to disagree with you there. In the CB series we saw a few run outs or stumping chances that had to be given not out, as one frame would show the batsman as out of the crease, with the bails on, while the next would show him in the crease, with the bails off. If you had one of these better cameras, you could presumably make a definitive call on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    2 hi-motion cameras for each Test would be absolutely perfect,
    Wouldn't you want 4? that would get pretty expensive, and you need to have the people who know how to use them there as well.

It would be good to have though.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

this has been discussed before..price is a barrier

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
    this has been discussed before..price is a barrier
    Shouldn't be IMO. The ICC can afford to move them from place to place, can't they? We never have more than 3-4 matches going on at the same time anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information