• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Warm Up Matches

southafrica

Cricket Spectator
First of all I think these matches are a waste of time, teams should not be playing stronger teams, maybe instead playing regional carribean teams, but anyway.

Just really wanted to know, do the warm up matches have official ODI status? ie, will they count towards rankings?

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Nah, not offical ODI or List A status. I'd guess there's a fair chance that some teams might use their whole squad in a couple of the games, like England tend to do on their tour matches.

jammay123

State 12th Man
england will most likey waste their good form and momentum from the cb series buy using all 15 players in the warm up matches get beat down and then have no confidence when we play the kiwis lose to them scrape past canada and kenya and finish last in the super eights.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not too sure how long these thingies have been going-on for, but it was certainly still more a case of playing domestic sides in WC99...

adharcric

International Coach
I was addressing the creator of the thread. He just made another WC thread in the wrong forum a few hours back and got bashed. Dire.