• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Twenty20 Is Great Thread

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
And if anyone thinks otherwise, why on earth do you waste your time talking about how shi... crappy it is, eh? I dont talk about AIDS all the time, so maybe you should just be quiet now youve made your point, instead of bitching in every thread. yeah?

So, who else thinks twenty20 is a great thing?

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't know if its great for cricket. I'd prefer if it were just Tests tbh. I see no need to ruin the game with colors.

But if there has to be a limited overs game, I'd rather it be Twenty20 instead of ODI.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, its eminently watchable, have a beer with your mates, top evening out, and nicely differing skills from proper cricket, not just a pale imitation. If it is a rubbish match you haven't wasted too much leisure time, or working hours.

Top stuff all round imho.

grecian

It's true. I'd go so far as too say test cricket = cricket, and the rest of the formats should be called something else.
Oh don't worry about him, he's a sweaty, he thinks proper cuisine is a deep-fried Mars bar.

Yeah, I stand by the "proper cricket" comment, all limited over versions are just a bastardised version. Don't see the problem with my terminology tbh.

Nishant

International 12th Man
It's true. I'd go so far as too say test cricket = cricket, and the rest of the formats should be called something else.
Thats a bit harsh...ODIs at least do involve proper cricket and there is a lot of pressure on the batsman; also, it enables batsmen to use a variety of shots to score as many runs as possible. The bowlers also benefit from the fact that they are more likely to use more variety in ODIs rather than tests! I think thats a lot more interesting and definitely more exciting than seeing a bowler bowling the same thing over and over again and a batsman playing the smae shot all the time

With that said, tests too has its advantages and ODIs has its disadvantages. BUT, TBH, i enjoy all formats of the game... i think its quite wrong to put ODis and 20/20 to the side and always think that tests are the most important!

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Well I love it. There's always a great atmosphere when I'm working at a match at Taunton.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
He's saying Twenty20 is proper cricket though......8-)
No, you edited the quote to make it look like it. 8-)

EDIT: Real quote:
Your quote:
It's true. I'd go so far as too say its cricket, and the rest of the formats should be called something else.

Last edited:

grecian

TBF, I think Ss had edited it after Pups post.

In other news, I'm losing the will to live.:blink:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Ah right, fair enough, although even so, tracing back through the quotes, "it's cricket" means "Test cricket = cricket" anyway.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I think all the people who dislike 2020 cricket should spend a summer evening at one of the many county grounds around England and see how they feel about it after that.