• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Twenty20 Is Great Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That way less people are likely to sign-up.

I was kinda hoping - that was the whole point of the T&C at the very top of the thread-starter - that I'd avoid any discussion while keeping the topic up at the top long enough for most of CW to read and join if they held such sentiments...........
Oh that's good I just thought it was a pompous and self-aggrandising, and overall elitist* puff thread for your good self and cohorts, I'm glad you've put me right:)

*BTW, Elitist is an insult you keep on using detrimentally to another member here, isn't it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How many of EXD's posts have you read?

If many at all, you'll know he's about as elitist as it's humanely possible to be.

And with being an elitist Brit, xenophobia is the natural next step...

grecian

How many of EXD's posts have you read?

If many at all, you'll know he's about as elitist as it's humanely possible to be.

And with being an elitist Brit, xenophobia is the natural next step...
Well I just couldn't help notice that a lot of your posts in your lovely thread from your lovable supporters, could be classed as elitist. I may get the dreaded multi-quote out soon.

I'm still awaiting your backlash:cool:

grecian

Richard, this is all getting a little silly.

You are complaining about others posting in your thread yet you have posted more than anyone else in this thread.

Where is Voltman when you need him for a lyric? :)

http://forum.cricketweb.net/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=22367

Leave it and let people that enjoy twenty20 post here.
Yep Goughy, he's posted more in here then anyone else, I'm taking that as a sign that he's coming around to our way of thinking:laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
I like it, it has it uses and I think it will be taken for more seriously once they get rid of the nicknames and microphones.

FRAZ

International Captain

You are complaining about others posting in your thread yet you have posted more than anyone else in this thread.

One serious question Goughy ! Tell me one thing that what is the most attractive thing about T20 ? Is it the planning , Shot selection , Captaincy , individual performance , fielding , spin bowling , fast bowling etc ?
For me a cricket is a team game and requires planning and for my liking T20 version is so short that you just see the hitting part or one has to fancy the individual performances . That's just not cricket and it's some thing like a street version of the real stuff .....
For me hazards include
1. Injury concerns
2. Batting rhythm might get lost in the range of stupid shots .
3. extra burden on the players
I just don't see a point in this game ..........................
What positivity you see in this version of the game . Because for me it's not "Cricket" and it's just like a steel cage rumble match or some thing where bunnys of real cricket become butchers . It's no more gentlemanliness for me ....

Stumped

Banned
well in a sense 20/20 is great it was designed to bring crowds get people interested in a cricket and it has down that with flying colours....not serious a little bit of fun

Josh

International Regular
I wasn't hugely a fan of Twenty20 before I attended a game. But it really is great. You can get any old sod who doesn't give 2 roots about the game to come along with you (I have maybe 3 friends into cricket whom i don't play cricket with at club level) because it's not a huge slice out of their time and it's all action.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

I'm not complaining - I'm quite happy for the thing to be split thread\thread, I was just gently taking the mick out of this-'un because there doesn't seem to be any purpose to it other than a "copycat comeback". If people want to post about how good Twenty20 is here, fine, I certainly haven't got a problem with that and I for one am not going to repeat the bashing of it I've done about 24,232 times before. But as I said, I can't see any genuine discussion coming from it.

My thread, on the other hand, had a very clear point - to gather all of those who dislike Twenty20 into a "club". Not to discuss the format.

I repeat - I'm not going to post in this thread bashing Twenty20. I will respond to those who respond to me, that's it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I just couldn't help notice that a lot of your posts in your lovely thread from your lovable supporters, could be classed as elitist. I may get the dreaded multi-quote out soon.

I'm still awaiting your backlash:cool:
I've never said I (or my "supporters") aren't in the slightest elitist, but we've got not a hope of becoming a patch on EXD.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
One serious question Goughy ! Tell me one thing that what is the most attractive thing about T20 ?.
The ability to perform in high pressure situations. Batsmen and bowlers are under more scrutiny and there is a high level of intensity.

Batsmen must score quickly, there is no excuse and bowlers must really work on their skills and variation.

There is such intensity and pressure packed in to 3 hrs. As has been said, it is more mentally draining and physically tiring to play a twenty20 game then a OD.

Swervy

International Captain
The ability to perform in high pressure situations. Batsmen and bowlers are under more scrutiny and there is a high level of intensity.

Batsmen must score quickly, there is no excuse and bowlers must really work on their skills and variation.

There is such intensity and pressure packed in to 3 hrs. As has been said, it is more mentally draining and physically tiring to play a twenty20 game then a OD.

agree with all of that!!!

120 legit deliveries per innings is long enough to develop a gameplan, much in the same way that there is often a gameplan involved with a run chase in a ODI.

To those who consider the game to have no skill factor, go and watch it properly (I suspect those who hate it, decided this after a game or two and havent watched since...if you have watched it regularly, how come?, you are supposed to hate it)..the games fundamentals are all present