• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank your favorite type of cricket

Rank the formats from most enjoyable to least enjoyable

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Rank the different forms of cricket in order from most enjoyable (to you) to least enjoyable. Lots of debate on the issue currently, and I'd like to get people's opinions.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Test cricket - Better than what I imagine *** to be like
Twenty20 - Thrilling little thing, isnt it?
ODI - Still enjoy watching it, but I prefer the otehrs To Be Honest

What about super 6's?

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
1.Test cricket - because it fluctuates so much. You can score 551 in first innings and still lose.
2.20/20 - great fun. Too short to be boring even if one-sided.
3.ODIs - brilliant when eciting, the problem is when team batting first scores too many (or too few!) and the match is a formality (Jo'burg 2006 not withstanding)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Tests are the daddy.

Twenty20 is what ODIs should have been.

Nothing more irrelevant to me than ODI cricket.

Im sure people love them as they have grown up around them and are accustomed to them, and Im sure they hold a particular charm to many.

However, they dont do anything well. Test is the real deal and 2020 the aggressive type. ODI a poor mish mash of both

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Tests are indeed The Daddy.

There's very little in the sporting world that compares to a Test where, going into the final session, either side can win, having slugged it out mightily for almost 5 days.

For example, the 2005 Ashes was like having three Ryder cups in the space of two months.

After Tests, I still like ODIs. I don't like Twenty20 slogfests.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
For me it's more a case of Tests=ODIs > Twenty20, but I voted Tests > ODIs > Twenty20 because if push-came-to-shove, I'd probably rather a good 5\6-Test series to a good World Cup. I don't remotely enjoy Twenty20, perhaps because it was invented after my love of the game of cricket was already established. Had it been invented in, say, 1991, things might be different. On the other hand, they might not.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You don't - it was a pretty off-topic comment.

Was just saying congrats on becoming a Staff Member - long overdue IMO.

pasag

RTDAS
Test > ODI, but I like ODI's heaps though, just like Test's much, much more. Twenty20's are dire.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tests, then daylight, then ODIs. Then there is a chasm equivalent to the gulf between distant galaxies. Then 20/20.