• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank your favorite type of cricket

Rank the formats from most enjoyable to least enjoyable

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I've no right to critisize someone's personal preferences but choosing "Twenty20, ODI, Tests" should be a bannable offense IMO.

adharcric

International Coach
You do realize that a majority of the cricket-watching public (at least in the subcontinent) prefer one-day cricket over test cricket?
The folks here on CW are far more educated in the cricket sense (not to mention, purists) than the average fan.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You do realize that a majority of the cricket-watching public (at least in the subcontinent) prefer one-day cricket over test cricket?
The folks here on CW are far more educated in the cricket sense (not to mention, purists) than the average fan.
Yes yes...off with their heads!

Natman20

International Debutant
Yes my parents whatch a game of cricket believing they know exactly what is right and wrong e.g That was LBW (to a ball pitched outside leg and moving that way) and That ball was there to be whacked (a ball good length just on off-stump) but the fustrating thing is that they always know right apparently :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And that's something that's always fascinated me because I've encountered no more than 1 or 2 of them in my life!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm certainly not saying such a thing - it may have sounded like it.

I just constantly get told that almost everyone in the subcontinent prefers one-dayers but I still haven't met any such people!

adharcric

International Coach
Even I haven't met too many of them (as I usually talk cricket only with those who are knowledgable about cricket) but they are certainly in the majority. In a sense, a superficial understanding of cricket usually leads to a preference for one-day cricket. I can faintly recall preferring one-day cricket to test cricket ten years ago when I was interested in cricket but not really knowledgable about it. Test cricket is often an acquired taste, so to speak.

There are plenty of intelligent people who prefer one-day cricket (simply because they haven't acquired the sophisticated understanding yet) but you also have a ****load of these.