• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank your favorite type of cricket

Rank the formats from most enjoyable to least enjoyable

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
I know youre all a little slow on CW, So I will just tell you now it was sarcasm. Anyone who agreed with that first post is what I imagine a lunatic would be.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm gonna tell everyone my dirty little secret....

I actually like all forms of the game, as I suspect most people who're sufficiently interested in the sport to join a site dedicated to it do.

Anyway, tests are definitely where it's at; the purest form of the sport &, uniquely in major team sports, unfold not over a couple of hours but over days. Something one doesn't so much experience as inhabit.

WRT the two shorter forms, I personally lean towards 20/20. The arguments for & against have been fairly well rehearsed, but essentially it cuts out those unpleasant, starchy overs between 15-40 (or thereabouts in these days of three powerplays) where the game tends to drift somewhat. I know some people defend these on the grounds that they form part of more of a genuine contest between bat-and-ball than we see in 20/20s, but that's really a strength of test (& FC) cricket, not ODIs. 20/20's strengths are its own, the case made for ODIs is really that they more closely mimic the longer format.

Beleg

International Regular
WC>Tests>ODI's

I have never seen an international 20/20 so can't comment on that.

archie mac

International Coach
Tests, daylight, WC, daylight, ODI, Tests involving Bang or Zims, backyard cricket, more daylight, 20/20

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I must say that wasn't exactly the sort of answer I was expecting from even the most eccentric of posters...