• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shaun Pollock, Chaminda Vaas , Mkhaya Ntini , Bond ,Shaun Tait, Brett Lee & Asif ?

Whoes your choice ?

• Total voters

FRAZ

International Captain
Shaun Pollock, Chaminda Vaas , Mkhaya Ntini , Bond ,Shaun Tait, Brett Lee & Asif ?

I guess it is the modern times version of 'Mcgrath vs Wasim vs Waqar vs Walsh' discussion . Who would you like to bowl for your team ,given there are following types of pitches and conditions available i.e.
1. Grassy (under clouds and slight wind)
2. Indian pitch with a package of 300+ per day runs in a test
3. Typical South African Durban Pitch
4. ODI on NZ pitches
5. ODI in kolkatta
Offcourse different bowlers can be chosen for the above conditions but overall who would you prefer ?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Following massive stereotypes:

1. Grassy (under clouds and slight wind) - Pollock
2. Indian pitch with a package of 300+ per day runs in a test - I'm guessing this means its a flat deck, well on a flat deck I'd rather Mohammad Asif
3. Typical South African Durban Pitch - Makhaya Ntini
4. ODI on NZ pitches - Shane Bond
5. ODI in kolkatta - Shaun Pollock
Offcourse different bowlers can be chosen for the above conditions but overall who would you prefer? - Makhaya Ntini

FRAZ

International Captain
Following massive stereotypes:

1. Grassy (under clouds and slight wind) - Pollock
2. Indian pitch with a package of 300+ per day runs in a test - I'm guessing this means its a flat deck, well on a flat deck I'd rather Mohammad Asif
3. Typical South African Durban Pitch - Makhaya Ntini
4. ODI on NZ pitches - Shane Bond
5. ODI in kolkatta - Shaun Pollock
Offcourse different bowlers can be chosen for the above conditions but overall who would you prefer? - Makhaya Ntini
Jono ! nice & cute glasses.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
I think you missed out on Akhtar ..when fit he is by faaar the best in the world...conditions dont matter to him....Look he only bowled 12 overs and swung the series in Pak's direction against the SAffers.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think you missed out on Akhtar ..when fit he is by faaar the best in the world...conditions dont matter to him....Look he only bowled 12 overs and swung the series in Pak's direction against the SAffers.
The problem is that he only bowls 12 overs.... Bond shouldn't be here for the same reason.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The problem is that he only bowls 12 overs.... Bond shouldn't be here for the same reason.
Haven't been paying too much attention to Bond since his return from the long lay-off, but he didn't impress me in the recent Commonwealth series really, seemed to profit ecessively from death wickets to me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I guess it is the modern times version of 'Mcgrath vs Wasim vs Waqar vs Walsh' discussion . Who would you like to bowl for your team ,given there are following types of pitches and conditions available i.e.
1. Grassy (under clouds and slight wind)
2. Indian pitch with a package of 300+ per day runs in a test
3. Typical South African Durban Pitch
4. ODI on NZ pitches
5. ODI in kolkatta
Offcourse different bowlers can be chosen for the above conditions but overall who would you prefer ?
1, Asif
2, Asif
3, Asif
4, Pollock
5, Pollock

Last edited: