• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib, Asif test positive again?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think Warne's already been pinged after the Parky interview for stretching the truth a fair bit, especially with regards to the match fixing where there were a number of inconsistencies between what he told the inquiry and what he told Parkinson.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The references to life-bans refer to being caught a second time with a banned substance. I think they're irrelevant comments tbh, unless the tests proved they'd taken more banned substances since first being caught (ie if the tests are merely detecting the residue of the junk they were taking before the first tests) because you surely can't punish somebody twice for the one offence.
yeah, double jeopardy, isn't that what it is called?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™;1080532 said:
I looked for a transcript, but to no avail, but I've found a way to download the whole thing. ;) Might take some time though. Nevertheless, it seems like it's only been mentioned by Warne himself. To my knowledge he didn't front any courts, and I certainly don't recall any time during the process or after where it was established that his taking of the diuretics was categorically unrelated to masking any other substances. I mean, that's the point of masking agents, innit? That you won't detect what's underneath. Still, it'd useful to know if that was the case, though it has a fair whiff of bull**** about it to me, I have to say, and the part of your post I've bolded doesn't really make the case at all.

If it's just a matter of not being caught out in previous testing, that's probably not very relevant. I think the main suspicion is that Warne would have taken something to speed up his recovery from injury rather than it being a case of long term ongoing use for better performance during games (it's questionable that banned substances would greatly assist him in this regard anyway).

Anyhow, I guess I'll come back to this when I've watched the interview.
Well mate, you check it up because, not only am I not an expert in the field, I am biased :D.

I may have been mislead but what he said in the interview made sense to me. Maybe I'm leaving bits out.

I think Warne's already been pinged after the Parky interview for stretching the truth a fair bit, especially with regards to the match fixing where there were a number of inconsistencies between what he told the inquiry and what he told Parkinson.
Really? Hadn't heard of that.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think there were a few dates and stuff that didn't match. And he told Parkinson that he didn't know that the guy was a bookie, but he told the inquiry that he did. Or something very similar.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If these blokes test positive again then a life-ban is the only fitting punishment. I say this because they have just been allowed to play after their bans were lifted and then they get caught again[so its pretty clear that they can't perform without these drugs].
Ummm..its quite possible that traces of when they took the drugs the first time are still in the system. I doubt if they are idiotic enough to do it again, and if they are, they should be banned for stupidity.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Surprising. I thought I was alone on the issue. Who else thinks like that?
Well I personally think it's extremely unlikely they intentionally took banned substances, and that the overwhelming likelihood is that it was a case of contaminated supplements.

And I thought that even before I found-out I'd suffered from it myself this morning! :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you did a Battle Of The Brads, Williams would out Hodge in the low-IQ stakes anyday.