• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Twenty20 Is Boring Society Thread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Warning: By posting in this thread you are automatically taking-out a subscription for life-membership to the Society.
Such contracts should not be entered into lightly and all members would much prefer that our fellows be optional subscribers not kicking-and-screaming ones! Thee poor souls who wish to debate the merits of the 20-over game, please take care to do so elsewhere.

Right, that's the disclaimer out the way: here it is, guys, our very own Society is born. I'm stoked we've come this far, it wouldn't have been possible without you - I'd like to give particular thanks to 16toS and sp713 for the gentle prodding in this direction.

Anyhow, my central message is this: to spread the gospel, I'd love you all to carry the legend "Member of Twenty20 Is Boring Society" (preferably in our characteristic - courtesty once more of 16toS - red lettering) or something similar. This does not have to be perminant, I understand some of us of times like a complete purge of sig, but it would be truly wonderful if so. 'S long, however, as you can have it for a few days, it'll do, I just need to get a screenshot of a post - probably in here - from you, complete with sig, so as to forever preserve the spirit even if expressed only briefly.

To date, I have several confirmed subscribers, and several unconfirmed... including:
Rich Dickinson (my good self - President)
16toS (?) (Honourary Vice-President)
shortpitched713 (?) (Honourary Assistant Vice-President)
Swaranjeet Singh (proud and most enthusiastic member)
Liam Camps
Zac Gelman
Fraz ?
Rich Edmunds
THE Sean
Turbinator (?)
Nemesis27 (?)
crickhowell (?)

PLEASE JOIN UP! There is no subscription fee! All it takes is a post in here and a small sig-addition!

Yours in great gratitude,
Rich

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I'm glad to post in this thread and confirm my lifelong membership of the "Twenty20 is Boring Society". See sig below :)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Btw Richard can I be the Honourary Consultant? Dealing with any problems the society has and forwarding them to you, the President? :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I daresay 't'could be arranged... sig-change, though, please... tis an important part of the subscription.

Natman20

International Debutant
I want to handle the finances of this society. You give me your money and I assure you I will use it for the societies benefit.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I want to handle the finances of this society. You give me your money and I assure you I will use it for the societies benefit.
You can be the CFO - Chief Financial Officer.

EDIT: How come the sig doesn't show up on every post?