• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Twenty20 Is Boring Society Thread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well... TBH the Society isn't called the never-watch-a-single-ball-of-20-over-cricket society, is it? :dontgetit

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Doesn't matter, seeing as you are the founder then it is your duty to set a good example to the others...which you did not do.

Edit : Richard, the previous post was partly in-jest.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, I know (and had spotted the jest) but... well, there's no example of not watching a single thing needs be set, TBH. If you don't watch, you don't realise it's boring!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:nono:..traitor.
Haha, I've watched every ball of the last two games because, well..... it's cricket. It's certainly boring in comparison to the other two forms, I don't take the actual result at all seriously, and I'd rather them not waste precious cricket time playing it - but it's still more enjoyable to me than yet another 'Will & Grace' replay which I've seen sixteen times already. (Although that'd probably hold more weight if the games weren't on between 2 and 5am here..)

I guess that makes me a "softcore" member in a way. I only find Twenty20 boring in comparison to the other forms (and unlike ODIs, it doesn't offer something different enough to act as a "nice-for-a-change" variation) rather than completely boring in general as many of our members seem to.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Make no mistake, if I had the choice between Twenty20 and Will And Grace (or just about any other TV, including most sports) I'd choose Twenty20.

But if I've got anything else doable (listening to music being the most obvious) I'd prefer that to watching a Twenty20 game. I certainly won't stay up at night to watch the form, the way I would every time for the other two, even if (it doesn't happen on TV in this country but hypothetically if it did) it was a domestic game in Australia or South Africa.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Nobody is having their posts deleted to get out of the society.

I like Twenty20, and I think we're better off with Test + Twenty20 (in the long run), as Twenty20 does everything ODIs do, but better.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
DWTA, think there's much that ODIs give that Twenty20 cannot. And things that Twenty20 embraces that ODIs don't, which I have no interest in seeing.

JBMAC

State Captain
There is no science in either 20/20 or ODI's..whoever is the better sloggers get the most runs and win...Besides who would want to play Cricket in their Pyjamas when they can play the REAL game in pristine white.It's all about hte money.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There is no science in either 20/20 or ODI's..whoever is the better sloggers get the most runs and win...Besides who would want to play Cricket in their Pyjamas when they can play the REAL game in pristine white.It's all about hte money.
A little bit cynical there mate, for one the best Test team in the world can't win a World Cup, which a team can do playing ODI cricket. To claim that there is no science in either Twenty20 or ODI cricket is very harsh, there are numerous examples of skills that both these formats embrace that are usually forgotten or let slip in the Test arena. There is a far greater emphasis placed on ground fielding in limited overs cricket, as there is with running between the wickets.

Fiery

Banned
A little bit cynical there mate, for one the best Test team in the world can't win a World Cup, which a team can do playing ODI cricket. To claim that there is no science in either Twenty20 or ODI cricket is very harsh, there are numerous examples of skills that both these formats embrace that are usually forgotten or let slip in the Test arena. There is a far greater emphasis placed on ground fielding in limited overs cricket, as there is with running between the wickets.
JBMAC's old school. He's been around a while remember

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
I have to join this, Twenty20 should not be a competitive game option, it should be friendlies in indoor cricket arenas when there is no season...

open365

International Vice-Captain
You could say the same about test cricket, whoever can score the most runs and bowl the other side out twice wins the game.

Every sport can be simplified to a single sentance, doing so proves nothing.