Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moin Khan offers WC comeback

Moin Khan offers WC comeback

Would be brilliant if he makes a comeback
    he is still only 35 so if players like gilchrist can carry on then why cant min return?
    hes my alltime favourite so i hope he comes back

Karachi - Former captain and wicketkeeper Moin Khan has offered to make a comeback and play for injury-plagued Pakistan in next month's World Cup in the Caribbean.

Moin said: "Considering the not so good situation of the team, with so many players injured and wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal's poor performance, I am ready to play and help Pakistan in the World Cup."

The 35-year-old Moin played the last of his 219 one-day internationals against Sri Lanka in October two years ago, before fading out due to poor performances.

Pakistan face a dilemma in announcing their squad as several of their fast bowlers, including Shoaib Akhtar and Umar Gul, are injured.

Tuesday is the deadline for Pakistan to submit their 15 for the World Cup which starts in the Caribbean on March 13.

Pakistan's request for a week's extension in naming the squad was rejected by the International Cricket Council last week.

Moin said he has been training for the past month and was ready to wear the gloves again.

"I have been training hard and have experience on my side, so I think I can contribute for Pakistan under the current scenario," said Moin, who has 3 266 runs and 287 behind the stumps to his credit.

Moin played in two World Cups for Pakistan. He was a member of Pakistan's World Cup-winning side in Australia in 1992 and was also a member of the 1999 team which lost to Australia in the World Cup final in England.

He also led Pakistan in 34 ODI's, winning 20 and losing 14.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/C...068212,00.html

Banned
    yeah he was kicked out for no reason, he should make a comeback for a final hurray.

Ummm no thanks. That would be the dumbest move. Take a wicket keeper who's been out of International Cricket for two years, are you kidding me? He has no match practice and besides, he wasn't exactly lighting it up when he retired.
    Last edited by Fusion; 12-02-2007 at 04:29 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dass View Post
    yeah he was kicked out for no reason, he should make a comeback for a final hurray.
    He averaged under 20 over his last 22 ODIs. Not that he averaged much better over his career. Pakistan saw the need for a wicketkeeper who could actually contribute properly with the bat, I suppose.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Moin can hardly do worse than Kamran Akmal but IMO to bring him back would do more harm than good to both - it'd be a serious no-confidence vote in Kamran, from which, who knows, he might never recover, and it'd be extremely unlikely to work for Moin who, unless I'm much mistaken, has hardly played recently, and in any case did no justice to a once brilliant career in what, to date, is it's final throes.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Banned
    well he was still a good wicket keeper till end, right now pakistan need a good wicket keeper/

Well the current CoS wasn't the worst, either...

Surley it would be less of a blow to Akmal's confidence if he were to be replaced by a young wicketkeeper-batsman, rather than Moin Khan.

Well the options there aren't immidiately striking, either...

It'd be like replacing Dion Ebrahim with Vusimusa Sibanda.

Hardly. Sibanda averages over 41 over his last 19 ODIs. 1 hundred and 5 fifties in 19 innings.

I was talking about in 2003, pal... when I thought "Yes, they've finally dropped Ebrahim!" then realised his replacement was patently even worse...

Which Sibanda certainly was in 2003... whatever his prowess of late... and incidentally, what's his record against ODI-class teams?

i would just love to see one of moins sweeping sixes

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I was talking about in 2003, pal... when I thought "Yes, they've finally dropped Ebrahim!" then realised his replacement was patently even worse...

Which Sibanda certainly was in 2003... whatever his prowess of late... and incidentally, what's his record against ODI-class teams?
    He hasn't played many ODI-class teams of late. Scores of 52, 4, 18* and 42 against the West Indies last year though. Looked pretty reasonable.

A Zimbabwean Sharhriar Nafees Ahmed, I wondereth...

International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well the current CoS wasn't the worst, either...
    Jeebus Cripes, do we need a ****ing decoder ring or something for your posts?
    Proud 2nd member of GM-OLAS
    Honorary Assistant Vice-President and Inquisitor General of T2IBS (Twenty-20 is Boring Society)

Fraz highlights the defining aspect of Shoaib's legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Those humanitarian works etc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    I feel Tendulkar's association with the money minting exploitation of cricket fandom by certain varying commercial interests tarnishes his greatness a tad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information