• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moin Khan offers WC comeback

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I'm surprised.

In which case, sorry for baffling you sp713, but I still maintain that was such aggression really called-for?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:blink:

A Zimbabwean Sharhriar Nafees Ahmed, I wondereth...

:sleep:
Yeah, Sibanda has really improved out of sight in recent times. He often looked good and then threw his wicket away ridiculous (except in Australia where he just looked ridiculously bad for the whole tour, mind you) but of late he's making some use of the talent that was spotted at a young age. The selectors might have fluked something good all those years ago - albeit a few years too early...

shortpitched713

International Captain
Well I'm surprised.

In which case, sorry for baffling you sp713, but I still maintain that was such aggression really called-for?
Thanks for the information mate. I was more replying to your general tendency to use TIMLA (tottaly indechipherable multi letter acronyms) quite liberally. And it wasn't meant to sound that hostile, I was just trying to express my perpetual perplexion from such acronyms. Sorry about that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK, no bother.

Any phrase with the word "****ing" written in it in a questioning context generally tends to appear pretty aggressive to me. :)

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Now this is an odd one. Neither of them are much good behind the stumps, and way behind one columnist who played at more or less the same time as both of them. Moin Khan was picked on his batting, and he was not in the runs in the last few weeks, and he's been out of action for a long time.

That said, opening the batting with Akmal regularly has weakened his batting. He's not quite the same now, and his keeping isn't much good either. He's just been in action a lot longer, and recently too. Akmal will need a little more time. Then again, there's always Younis Khan, if needed.

FRAZ

International Captain
For goodness sake , Give the kiddo some time to settle down . He is under pressure and he is afraid of a man who usualy fields in the slips !

jammay123

State 12th Man
brining khan back will be a mistake. akmal was the dogs bo****cks until he hit a slump in his form. every player goes through one he is only young and he will come back much stroinger and better. anyways why would you bring khan back when pakistan have that new young bloke coming through cant spell his name but why don pakistan just pick him. hell play well for a few years then when he hits a slump then you can kick his arse out of the team like pakistan are going to do with akmal if he doesnt perform in the wc?

Swervy

International Captain
OK, no bother.

Any phrase with the word "****ing" written in it in a questioning context generally tends to appear pretty aggressive to me. :)
does that mean your fairly frequent usage of the term 'I dont really give a flying ***k about (something that probably contradicts the point you are trying to make)' is being used in an aggressive manner as well

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Moin Khan? Can he really do a better job than Akmal - having been in bad form when he retired, and having played no cricket for two years...not to mention being 35 years old?

I highly doubt it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
does that mean your fairly frequent usage of the term 'I dont really give a flying ***k about (something that probably contradicts the point you are trying to make)' is being used in an aggressive manner as well
It's aggressive, but less aggressive than "****ing" - the insertion of "****ing does nothing other than add to the conviction of what's around it. The "flying ****" bit is just another way of saying something that could have another word used in it's place.

EG: "I couldn't give a damn \ couldn't give a toss \ couldn't care less."