• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GA Hick ??

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Err - because he played damn superbly in India in 1992\93?

Has he not been eating enough beef or something?

dass

Banned
i dont think that is the reason why he got the award, i mean there are tons of people who do well in india on tours so why not give the award to them too.

dass

Banned
look indian cricketer of the year is only awarded to people who play for india or have played in india at a county level. so i am not sure whats the deal here?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
look indian cricketer of the year is only awarded to people who play for india or have played in india at a county level. so i am not sure whats the deal here?
Wrong, wrong and even more wrong.

Big List Here including Hayden, Trescothick, Cairns, Gough, Pollock, Flower, Gooch...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Even IT "the subcontinent is the place you should send your mother-in-law" Botham. :blink:

Anyway... that was the list I was hoping-for. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think your error came because you thought the 'Indian ' in the Indian Cricketer of the Year Award refers to the 'Cricketer'. Actually it refers to the 'Award'. Simple :)
I stand corrected. It is NOT called the Indian Cricketer of the Year Award,

It is the Indian Cricket - Cricketer of the Year award. That makes it even clearer I suppose.