• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Innings of the Week - 4th-11th Feb

Innings of the week.

• D J Reekers 104 vs Ireland

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Kumar Sangakkara 110 vs India

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Paul Collingwood 120* vs Australia

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Paul Collingwood 106 vs New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jacques Kallis 88* vs Pakistan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
I will take that as a yes... The first winner of innings of the week goes to Paul Collingwood. with an unbeaten 120*

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well seeing as I've already proclaimed Sir Paul Collingwood's effort as the single greatest piece of batsmanship, nay, artwork to grace this earth since Michaelangelo put the finishing touches to the Sistine Chapel, I don't have much option.

Sangakkara's was scored in the subcontinent on a flat track in the first innings without pressure against a weak bowling attack missing its best bowlers, those who did play were out of form anyway, and he was hugely lucky to get past nought anyway as his first scoring shot was a big thick edge down through where a fielder should have been.
So we see yet another example of Neil Pickup's shameless anti-subcontinent bias. 8-) Does this guy's idiocy know no bounds?

(My sarcasm radar's on the blink - in common with most people who read my posts)