• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the Teams in Terms of Excitement

Matt79

Global Moderator
Australia. There are (or were until recently) three or four alltime greats of the game playing in one team at once. In years to come, kids are going to envy us that we saw these guys playing together as one of the best teams ever, in the same way most of us wish that we'd seen more of the great West Indies teams, or Bradman's Invincibles, etc. I've enjoyed the chance to see cricket played the way all teams should aspire to play it - that's exciting for me. And they've had many classic series as well - India in 02/03, England in 2005, Lara's series in the Windies...

deeps

International 12th Man
So can England, so it's not really saying that much
no i wouldn't say so. I said they can beat Australia when australia's having a good day.

Engladn have beaten a strong Australian team, and they've been in good form. But they haven't had their best of days. im' not at all saying that they didn't deserve it or whatever.

I'm saying, Australia were not playing their absolute best game.

haroon510

International 12th Man
pakistan and after the common Wealth series England.
Pakistan started the one day series with geting trashed with runs but in second one day match when everyone thought the series would be one sided trashed Sa africa back with runs. after the third match was washed out. no one expect that they would be out for 107 in fourth match. it is just unpredictable. who knows maybe pakistan win the world cup or get out in the first round.
Same with England. England started the one day series as least fivrate considering their one day record in recent years. they end up doing what most of the hasn't done before. winning the series. unpredictable and Exciting.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The one thing we do know about Pakistan is no matter what they do, the ICC will let them off lightly.

Dance on the pitch?
Refuse to play?
Attack a fan?

Can't put the drugs in there since that wasn't the ICC's fault.
That's Pakistanis, though, not Pakistan as a whole. And in some cases those making the decisions weren't even high-up ICC officials, they were just Match-Referees.

Swervy

International Captain
it would appear that inconsistancy is being equated to excitement for some reason!! I dont think Pakistan are half as entertaining to watch as they used to be, although when Afridi, Razzaq are in full flow with the bat, and Shoaib is belting in at a hundred mph, its good viewing

Surely it is more exciting to watch to good teams playing at full tilt against each other, it makes for higher quality cricket and normally ensures a close finish

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The one thing we do know about Pakistan is no matter what they do, the ICC will let them off lightly.

Dance on the pitch?
Refuse to play?
Attack a fan?
Per the ICC guidelines, can you show me where Pakistanis are/were let of lightly when compared to others?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like watching the first half of a Sri Lanka innings, but that's purely because of Sangakkara. And no, it's not because he's a good-looking guy. He's a damn good batsman. The bottom half of the lineup doesn't intrigue me, because those guys generally get stuck in an in-between gear. I can only stand watching Lasith Malinga bowl.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You haven't put much thought into watching one of the greatest spinners ever to play the game?

:eek:

Natman20

International Debutant
I like watching the first half of a Sri Lanka innings, but that's purely because of Sangakkara. And no, it's not because he's a good-looking guy. He's a damn good batsman. The bottom half of the lineup doesn't intrigue me, because those guys generally get stuck in an in-between gear. I can only stand watching Lasith Malinga bowl.
:naughty:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well, nor do I, really.

Only Australian I've ever enjoyed watching bat was Mark Waugh, even if I could admire Stephen's skill.
Damien Martyn always tickled my fancy. And no, I'm not just saying that to get another naughty icon in this thread. Langer was also a favourite of mine.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
it would appear that inconsistancy is being equated to excitement for some reason!! I dont think Pakistan are half as entertaining to watch as they used to be, although when Afridi, Razzaq are in full flow with the bat, and Shoaib is belting in at a hundred mph, its good viewing

Surely it is more exciting to watch to good teams playing at full tilt against each other, it makes for higher quality cricket and normally ensures a close finish
Talking of Pakistan, I have always felt that inspite of changing his name and religion and acquiring that BIGGGGGG beard, Yousuf some how doesnt 'belong' in a Pakistani side.

He is just too damn predictably consistent :@

Mr Mxyzptlk

Talking of Pakistan, I have always felt that inspite of changing his name and religion and acquiring that BIGGGGGG beard, Yousuf some how doesnt 'belong' in a Pakistani side.

He is just too damn predictably consistent :@
But until recently he was predictably consistently inconsistent.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He wasn't inconsistent at all - he consistently scored runs when the going was easy, and consistently failed when it got tough.

Now he just consistently gets catches dropped off him. :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Damien Martyn always tickled my fancy. And no, I'm not just saying that to get another naughty icon in this thread. Langer was also a favourite of mine.
I never liked Langer, he was too... thwacky. Always gave the impression of great effort in those 2 or 3 strokes he played.

And I had some weird hatred of Martyn, too, which I could never explain... Sudeep did a better job of it than me when we were talking on MSN sometime...