Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn't the Australian team re-lived the art of test cricket !!!!

International Captain

Didn't the Australian team re-lived the art of test cricket !!!!

I just have a feeling that test cricket is back .Hats off to Australian cricket team . Honestly speaking Test cricket was kinda dieing as far as the viewer's interest was concerned . I mean in Pakistan I saw most of the grounds, at most of the times being empty while a test match was in progress .But now the things have changed a bit . Don't you think that test has regained the popularity that it some what lost in the 90's ? I think that Australian team deserves a standing applause for re - living this form of the game . I being an ordinary cricketer and a humble expert , love watching test cricket more than the circus of ODI's ...
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I don't it's Australia who has gathered more interest to Test cricket. I think it's the other countries that are competing more often with Australia that have drawn people in. I don't think it's ever interesting to watch a country thrashing everyone.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    I don't it's Australia who has gathered more interest to Test cricket. I think it's the other countries that are competing more often with Australia that have drawn people in. I don't think it's ever interesting to watch a country thrashing everyone.
    But that certain thirst to thrash the thrasher and the certain feeling which is just like conquering the Everest . I liked the way England beat them last time . I was happy and for once thought that ,those glorious competitive days are back .

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    But that certain thirst to thrash the thrasher and the certain feeling which is just like conquering the Everest . I liked the way England beat them last time . I was happy and for once thought that ,those glorious competitive days are back .
    Exactly. It was the teams that rose to the challenge to beat Australia that brought life back to Test cricket. Australia themselves were arguably killing the game marching on boldly and unchallenged.

Banned
    I think you mean revived, not re-lived Fraz.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    And you can add India in 1997\98, 2000\01 and, especially (even though they didn't beat them they undoubtedly played better cricket than them) 2003\04, and Sri Lanka in 1999\2000. You could even say Pakistan in 1994\95 - though they couldn't indisputably be called the best team in The World at that point, IMO they were beyond reasonable doubt.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    I think you mean revived, not re-lived Fraz.
    No it is what it is ! I mean it's both uniqueness and an anti imperialist approach to the common Internet language .It is just like Jamaican language . There are some reformers who are developing a unique blend of conversational language and it is called "Englasiaeu".
    I mean some time I feel for the people living in the islands that they don't know much about the present day messiahs and reformers !

FRAZ, as I say, I do love your turn-of-phrase but even I struggle to make sense of that one...

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    FRAZ, as I say, I do love your turn-of-phrase but even I struggle to make sense of that one...
    Senses are there to indemnify the severity of the short term memory loss .
    Cricket journalism is an art and we need to accept it some how and any how . There is always a hidden meaning in the avtaric verses .Only those succeed who see them ,read them and accept them by understanding the true meanings in their hearts but for that one's heart must be Hair less and clean ....

OK... but this part was worthy of a sig-addition!
    Senses are there to indemnify the severity of the short term memory loss .

Banned
    No it is what it is ! I mean it's both uniqueness and an anti imperialist approach to the common Internet language .It is just like Jamaican language . There are some reformers who are developing a unique blend of conversational language and it is called "Englasiaeu".
    I mean some time I feel for the people living in the islands that they don't know much about the present day messiahs and reformers !
    You're butchering the English language Fraz. These sound like the mad-rantings of an alcoholic wearing a sandwich board saying "The End is Near", (in reverse)

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    "The End is Near", (in reverse)
    So you think it's not ?

Banned
    So you think it's not .
    Ah, I hope not

I only started to like Cricket when Australia lost the Ashes, I absoulutley hated it in Highschool. But now I wish I played when I was younger because a love it now, but I am pathetic lol.

I watched the whole series in England and I think you need to do that to fully appreciate the game if you have't watched much cricket. If you watch a whole series (even everyday of 1 test match would be good) you get to see the players struggles and triumphs, the newspapers and the commentary.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Speersy View Post
    I only started to like Cricket when Australia lost the Ashes, I absoulutley hated it in Highschool. But now I wish I played when I was younger because a love it now, but I am pathetic lol.
    That's absoulutley the worst spelling of absoulutley I've ever seen. Absoulutley no doubt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information