• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Popularity of One day cricket 'Declining'?"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I find Twenty20 really boring too, haven't been able to sit through a whole game.
So the club now comprises of...

Camps, Gelman, Dickinson, Edmunds, FRAZ, Turbinator, Nemesis27, 16toS and... McNamara?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year

Camps, Gelman, Dickinson, Edmunds, FRAZ, Turbinator, Nemesis27, 16toS and... McNamara?
Sign me up too. I'm happy to refer to it as a game called 20/20. I have a lot of trouble calling it cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, now how I wish I'd called myself THE Rich...

You lot now match us Richs in most-reprisented-name-in-CW... :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

Nah, I'll probably pass up on membership. Don't have the extent of distaste required to be part of the club, I would've thought.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In Test cricket bowlers actually attack.
Well obviously they attack more consistently than in ODI cricket. The overs are more limited in ODIs. So obviously.

In both formats there are periods of play particularly conducive to building innings though. And in these periods the field does relax and lesser bowlers are used. Of course it's more so in ODI cricket than in Test cricket, but the basic principles are still the same. Twenty20 cricket is about slogging - whether educated or not. ODI cricket is about slogging more so than Test cricket, but it's also about building innings. Quality batsmanship is far more likely to be displayed in an ODI match than it is in a Twenty20 match. Fact.

You will never see an innings of the quality of Paul Collingwood's 1st Final hundred in a Twenty20 match. Purely because you can't. The format does not allow it.

FRAZ

International Captain
Well obviously they attack more consistently than in ODI cricket. The overs are more limited in ODIs. So obviously.

You will never see an innings of the quality of Paul Collingwood's 1st Final hundred in a Twenty20 match. Purely because you can't. The format does not allow it.
Absolute intelligent example there Liam . I think the way a batsman constructs his innings over a longer period of time is a better sight rather than watcing Imran Nazir doing "bang ,bang , dot , bang , dot ,dot ,dropped , Bang , Bang , Skier and OUT"!!!! I want to see Javed Miandad leading the Pakistani reply along with the gem from I*** and then with Wasim and ending up with Moin's six ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Add me as z most enthusiastic member and we have :
- Mr Mxyptlk
- FRAZ
- Turbinator
- crickhowell
- The Sean
- SJS

And these are people who just DONT LIKE 20-20 . Not just prefer the 50 overs or test match format to it.

FRAZ

International Captain
- Mr Mxyptlk
- FRAZ
- Turbinator
- crickhowell
- The Sean
- SJS

And these are people who just DONT LIKE 20-20 . Not just prefer the 50 overs or test match format to it.
Where have you been SJS ? Welcome back !!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
- Mr Mxyptlk
- FRAZ
- Turbinator
- crickhowell
- The Sean
- SJS

:( at you missing me, and I'm sure Rich Edmunds, Zac, Nemesis27 and 16toS feel the same.

:down:

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Damn straight. I'll be honoured to be part of your pitchfork and torch wielding brigade (no sarcasm in that statement, btw).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ooh, add me, add me!
OK... A COMPREHENSIVE LIST of those of the Twenty20 Is Boring Society TO DATE...

Rich Dickinson
Liam Camps
Zac Gelman
Fraz ?
Rich Edmunds
Swaranjeet Singh
THE Sean
Turbinator (?)
Nemesis27 (?)
16toS (?)
crickhowell (?)
shortpitched713 (?)