• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Popularity of One day cricket 'Declining'?"

Nishant

International 12th Man
One day cricket provides that instant excitement that sports like football provide and that test cricket cannot provide. I like ODIs for the excitemnt and the immense atmosphere it creates. Scoring boundary after boundary does require skill and those players that r referred to as 'sloggers' do actually hace a lot of courage; being able to do it over and over agian without any fear. This bravery is present in ODIs; i think sometimes tests are more about stamina!

Remember Jason Gillespie's 180 something in a test match as a night-watchman? I dont think we can class him as a good batsman becase he was able to do that. It only shows that he had determination to stick out there and the stamina to survive!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was a good innings, of that there's IMO no disputing, but the simple fact is there's no way that game merited Test status - any more than any other game involving Bangladesh.