• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best left arm seamer?

Who is the best left arm seamer currently playing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You see, I thought that, every game, but none of the commentators said anything! Whereas at Lord's in 2002, it was a not-inconsiderable murmering from, probably, about the 2nd over he bowled. I found that even more surprising given that those 2 commentary-boxes even had someone in common - Richie, obviously. Who was certainly not short on the vocals pertaining to old Ruchie at Lord's.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
You see, I thought that, every game, but none of the commentators said anything! Whereas at Lord's in 2002, it was a not-inconsiderable murmering from, probably, about the 2nd over he bowled. I found that even more surprising given that those 2 commentary-boxes even had someone in common - Richie, obviously. Who was certainly not short on the vocals pertaining to old Ruchie at Lord's.
I think, generally, commentators stay away from talking about issues like that when the player in question is involved in the game, TBH.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Top 5 left armers in ODI's IMO
1)Nathan Bracken
2)Chaminda Vaas
3)Ian Bradshaw
4)Mitchell Johnson
5)Irfan Pathan

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sorry, just couldn't resist. :)

See 3rd post in my sig for reasons why not.
Hahaha, fair enough then. :p

I'd still like to know why Pup Clarke thinks Pathan is better - despite the somewhat unintentional hostile-sounding nature of question, I'm legitimately interested in the answer.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
How on Earth is Pathan better than Zaheer?

Although Pathan is a poor test bowler he's a very decent one day bowler.He might not be in good form but when he's on song he's better than Zaheer in the one day game.I appreciate that Zaheer has improved but when Pathan sorts his bowling out he will still be a regular in the one day side and he will get back to being an effective one day bowler.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That simply presumes that Pathan will get back to bowling half-decently (which was all he ever did anyway - his ODI record was made to look vastly better than it was by substandard sides).

Such a thing is no certainty.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
That simply presumes that Pathan will get back to bowling half-decently (which was all he ever did anyway - his ODI record was made to look vastly better than it was by substandard sides).

Such a thing is no certainty.
He will get better when he gets confidence in his bowling IMO.He can still be a very decent one day bowler and lets not forget that he's only 22 and has a number of years ahead of him.He can still be a good bowler.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm 21 too.

Doesn't mean I have many good years ahead of me.

Just presuming that "he'll get better because he's young" is not the way to go IMO.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm 21 too.

Doesn't mean I have many good years ahead of me.

Just presuming that "he'll get better because he's young" is not the way to go IMO.
He can develop though because he is still young.I'm not saying he's automatically going to get better but there is a good chance that with confidence and trust being put into himhis bowling will get better and he will develop into a good one day bowler who can also bat.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He can develop though because he is still young.I'm not saying he's automatically going to get better but there is a good chance that with confidence and trust being put into himhis bowling will get better and he will develop into a good one day bowler who can also bat.
He can develop though because he is still young.I'm not saying he's automatically going to get better but there is a good chance that with confidence and trust being put into him his bowling will get better and he will develop into a good one day bowler who can also bat.
He can develop though because he is still young.I'm not saying he's automatically going to get better but there is a good chance that with confidence and trust being put into him his bowling will get better and he will develop into a good one day bowler who can also bat.
I mean, I respect your enthusiasm but was there really any need to post that 4 times? :wacko::blink:

I don't neccessarily think there's such a high chance of him making sufficient improvements to become a ODI-class bowler - if I had to place a bet, I'd place it on him falling by the wayside.