• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best left arm seamer?

Who is the best left arm seamer currently playing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt79

Global Moderator
OK, might have been stretching it a BIT to say any other test nation - I think Pakistan wouldn't need him. I think South Africa, India, and NZ would welcome him into the line up however.

I think his Test career stats to date tell us little about his quality as a bowler now. He's clearly improved significantly and learnt to do more with the ball in a wider variety of conditions. He also looks to have added a yard of pace compared to a few years ago, when he wants to bowl quicker rather than bowl for swing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK, might have been stretching it a BIT to say any other test nation - I think Pakistan wouldn't need him. I think South Africa, India, and NZ would welcome him into the line up however.

I think his Test career stats to date tell us little about his quality as a bowler now. He's clearly improved significantly and learnt to do more with the ball in a wider variety of conditions. He also looks to have added a yard of pace compared to a few years ago, when he wants to bowl quicker rather than bowl for swing.
SA and Ind, you're absolutely joking.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Whoever voted for Jimbo Franklin needs to be shot :p

Altho i would say he would rank up there in Tests but........

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im going to vote on this based on who I would want playing for my team (all things considered) and Im going with Mitchell Johnson.

Im willing to conceed that maybe Ive voted for him because his stock is high at the moment but he has a long successful future ahead of him (hopefully injury free) and looks the business. But I think its also because when non of the others excite me then go with the guy that does.

Im not saying Im right as I understand and appreciate why others voted the way they did. Its just not a group of players where any name really impresses and Mitchell Johnson could be special.

EDIT- Oh, just to add I seldom give much weight to ODIs in these type of votes.