• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congratulations Tamara

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
"The selection enables 16-year-old schoolgirl Tamara Gould, who travels from Lake Tekapo to attend matches and training in Christchurch, the chance to make her Canterbury debut during the season.

Burtt said she was an exciting talent who oozes enthusiasm and deserves the opportunity to train and learn alongside White Ferns Haidee Tiffen and Nicola Payne.

Burtt said Gould has been impressive opening the batting with English international Claire Taylor who is also in the squad, helping get their club side Lancaster Park-Woolston away to good starts." - Christchurch Press.

Well done Tamara, we look forward to hearing some good results from The Canterbury team & yourself.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Thanks alot guys.. I am just really happy to get there. I got such a shock when the phone rang and the selector said I was in the team.

Andre

International Regular
I think I'm talking for the whole community here when saying well done and best of luck :).

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Congrats Tamara...

Maybe one day I'll end up umpiring you when you play tests!!

[Edited on 19/11/2002 by Eyes_Only]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Wow Awesome !! Congrats Tammy

ill be following canterbury games see how well you go :D

Do well and hopefully you will be playing for nz soon

Kimbo

International Debutant
Shot tamara!
I told you they'd pick you.
I guess I won't be seeing you at Palmy in January.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Yes we most likely are... given our performance (if you can call it that) last year. We will be a little stronger this year though... three of us attended nz development.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Who did win under 21s last year kim?? Canterbury are quite strong this year anyway.. 6 of us are in the canterbury top 13 and 11 of us were in the 20 that were first chosen..

Kimbo

International Debutant
Central Districts won last year. They were a bloody good team. I think they were mainly first class players. They are gonna be tough competition in State this year.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Clare taylor in her Tour Diary says your are 15. Anyway i give you my respect for traveling 6 hours a day to play cricket you would not have anyone in this county do that they will moan all the time?

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
hmmm jumping in a bit late but still Congrats tamara again, now we(Cricketweb) have something to show for :D