• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee's innings last night

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Should win a prize for "worst attempted run" tho. Not only was there never a single in a million years (especially to Colly) it would've kept Watson off strike even if he had made it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, I thought it was hilarious. Wicket falls off the first ball of the 45th over (or something in thhat range), so then Lee ensures it ends up a double wicket maiden. Great innings.

Nemesis27

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yes, it was a case of the panics out there yesterday for Australia, and that run out proves it. I couldn't stop laughing, was was his incentive? To prevent Flintoff from getting a maiden?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should win a prize for "worst attempted run" tho. Not only was there never a single in a million years (especially to Colly) it would've kept Watson off strike even if he had made it.

I think that discounts it from being "worst attempted run" to be honest...

Anyways why is Watson getting so much stick for his performance? Wasn't his day but he wasn't atrocious or anything, plus it was his first game back.

Fiery

Banned
Agreed. This thread needs closing for mine.

That said the run out wasn't entirely his fault. Watson should have called no straight away.
I'm sure it will die a fairly rapid natural death if people let it age_master :dry:

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
Well to re-live the thread I guess that Brett has improved his batting a lot and has all the tools to surpass my other fav Aussie tail-ender Jason .
It is always good to see the bowlers like Brett Lee and Rana Naveed scoring runs !!!