• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sack Fleming says Parore

Should Stephen Fleming be sacked as captain?

• Yes

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • No

Votes: 34 91.9%

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Parore has axes to grind where most people are concerned, it always seems to me.

Particularly former team-mates.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Slow Love™;1077246 said:
Does Parore perhaps have an axe to grind where Fleming is concerned? Or has he just been a longtime Vettori advocate?
No, I don't think so. Parore is in this instance nothing more than a talkback radio caller who's got an audience because he's a former player. He's simply espousing a point of view beloved to those who are big on talking but low on ideas. I listened to him being interviewed on Radio Sport this morning and one of the first things he said was "I've got no problems with Fleming's tactics or strategy". Hello???

He went on to add that he feels Fleming needs replacing because he's been in the job for 12 years, ie. change for the sake of change, or change because it's easily done and makes it appear as if something is being done.

Although I feel Fleming's innings in Brisbane was a tactical blunder (and we have no way of knowing whose idea that was) that cost us the game, I still think he's the man for the job. Get rid of Bracewell, get rid of a lot of our problems, IMO.