• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Chappell-Hadlee Series

James

Cricket Web Owner
16 Feb 2007 New Zealand Australia Westpac Stadium
18 Feb 2007 New Zealand Australia Eden Park
20 Feb 2007 New Zealand Australia Seddon Park

Matt79

Global Moderator
I see that Ponting and Gilchrist are being rested rather than crossing the ditch... Hussey to captain with Clarke as VC.

Matt79

Global Moderator
we don't, probably comparable to most teams and less than India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, I'd have said off the top of my head. We've just got a stack run together at the moment, which probably makes sense running into the world cup.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't know why we keep persisting with Brad Hodge. Fair enough, the guy got 99 the other day, but he averages 22 after 9 games. I really hope Haddin makes big runs in this series and we see the end of Hodge.

cameeel

International Captain
Don't know why we keep persisting with Brad Hodge. Fair enough, the guy got 99 the other day, but he averages 22 after 9 games. I really hope Haddin makes big runs in this series and we see the end of Hodge.
To be fair, he was out to an absolute shocker today. So far this series he's failed twice, was brilliant last Sunday and he wasn't looking too shabby for the short time he was out there this afternoon.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The WC squad is picked before this series is played, so the performances in it will be inconsequential. Quite stupid really - I can just imagine Voges getting man of the series and then not going to the World Cup.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure I understand why a sore back is keeping Ponting out of this series when he's fine to make 75 in the first final of the CB Series today.

Oh well, not complaining at all.

Craig

World Traveller
I'm not sure I understand why a sore back is keeping Ponting out of this series when he's fine to make 75 in the first final of the CB Series today.

Oh well, not complaining at all.
The guy probably deserves a break anyway and with regards to said "sore back" is the same thing that happens with the England football (soccer) team with a friendly. How a player drops out with a injury but will start for his club the next weekend and play the whole 90 minutes.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ to Beat Australia 3-0 in Chappell Hadlee .
Actually not as ridiculous as it sounds. The media reaction here to our being knocked out of the CB Series has been brutal and I expect (or maybe desperately hope might be a better description) that it will fire up the team and particularly Stephen Fleming, who has copped the worst of it, and inspire them to silence some of the critics against an Australian team that will probably consider the series slightly less important than the NZers will.

Craig

World Traveller
Actually not as ridiculous as it sounds. The media reaction here to our being knocked out of the CB Series has been brutal and I expect (or maybe desperately hope might be a better description) that it will fire up the team and particularly Stephen Fleming, who has copped the worst of it, and inspire them to silence some of the critics against an Australian team that will probably consider the series slightly less important than the NZers will.
Isn't that typical of the New Zealand media (sorry if I am wrong Voltman since this is your living), I mean I remember when the All Blacks lost five Tests in a row in 1998 and IIRC the economy might have been going down but the AB's losing seemed like a national crisis and how all older players were instantly useless and any players who overseas was only interested in money etc etc. Well that's their livelihood so they have to earn as much as possible for their families so things will be a lot easier latter on in life.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If New Zealand could beat Australia 3-0 just by firing up, don't you think they'd do it more often?

I'm expecting 2-1 to Australia. 2-1 to NZ wouldn't shock me in the slightest, but 3-0 certainly would.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
we don't, probably comparable to most teams and less than India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, I'd have said off the top of my head. We've just got a stack run together at the moment, which probably makes sense running into the world cup.
Actually, that's not true.

ODIs since the World Cup (adding the scheduled matches):

Australia 115
India 109
Pakistan 101
Sri Lanka 98
West Indies 94
Zimbabwe 88
New Zealand 88
England 88
South Africa 85
Bangladesh 82

Part of that is because they play so many finals, but the long VB Series really make them play a lot of matches.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Won't be surprised if Big lou doesn't past 50 in this series tbh. I can see him making a few 15-30 scores but I hope he surprises me.

Just his past with making good scores and following them up with a period of low scores will always make me wary. But he batted quite differently in the CB series, so I may be pleasantly surprised.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Actually, that's not true.

ODIs since the World Cup (adding the scheduled matches):

Australia 115
India 109
Pakistan 101
Sri Lanka 98
West Indies 94
Zimbabwe 88
New Zealand 88
England 88
South Africa 85
Bangladesh 82

Part of that is because they play so many finals, but the long VB Series really make them play a lot of matches.
Hmmm, surprising.

As you say, the VB series is a long one day series, with a three match final series at the end. Never getting knocked out of tournaments prior to the finals also probably contributes to that stat. They would have played fewer series than the teams I nominated, I'd have said.