• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Chappell-Hadlee Series

Matt79

Global Moderator
It will be interesting to see whether Nielsen supports the system to the same degree - although its also obviously the selectors and I suppose Ponting who have says in the issue as well as the coach.

Given he's very much from within "the system" you'd think any changes will be evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

jadeey

Cricket Spectator
i read a while ago that stephen fleming as needing someform of medical attention so it wouldn't surprise me to see him rested for this series even though its the biggest chance nz has to beat aussie in a one day series but danny vettori should do the job.
I hope Fleming isn't rested, although if he needs medical attention I guess they won't have a choice. The CH series is his last chance to actually find some decent form before the World Cup. (It hurts me that I'm even saying this about my favourite player but,) If it's even possible for him to get back into form anymore. Otherwise we're just going to see the same Fleming we just saw in Australia, never looking settled at the crease and getting out to stupid shots.

Resting him for the beginning of the Sri Lankan series was an awful idea and resting him again now would be just as bad.

Natman20

International Debutant
Does anyone else think Australia have been playing too much cricket and that this might dent them before the world cup?

brockley

International Captain
Will be interested what our batting line up will be?
Hayden,watson,hodge,clarke,haddin,hussey,white,hogg, don't see voges getting a game unless white doesn't cut it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Tuffey has played 10 State Shield domestic one-day matches for Northern Districts this season and taken six wickets at an average of 69.50 with an economy rate of 4.54.

And he's going to the World Cup? :wacko:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doesn't surprise me much, we needed someone who could take the new ball with Shane Bond in the absence of Mills (they seem reluctant to try Gillespie in that position so he'll stay first change), and Andre Adams was never going to fill that role.

Tuffey does have that ability to take wickets in the first over.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tuffey has played 10 State Shield domestic one-day matches for Northern Districts this season and taken six wickets at an average of 69.50 with an economy rate of 4.54.

Overall bowling ability?

If NZ were to pick the top 5 bowlers from this seasons ODD tournament we'd be left with:

Code:
Name                Mat    O      M     R   W    Ave  Best  4w 5w    SR  Econ Team

BJ Diamanti           8   66.5    1   370   18  20.55  5-58   1  1  22.2  5.53 CD
MJ Harvie             9   68.5    4   344   18  19.11  5-40   -  1  22.9  4.99 OTAGO
EP Thompson           8   69      5   336   13  25.84  3-65   -  -  31.8  4.86 CD
RM Hira               9   70      4   320   13  24.61  4-31   2  -  32.3  4.57 AUCK
CS Martin             9   78.2    8   319   13  24.53  3-7    -  -  36.1  4.07 AUCK
:unsure:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Overall bowling ability?

If NZ were to pick the top 5 bowlers from this seasons ODD tournament we'd be left with:

Code:
Name                Mat    O      M     R   W    Ave  Best  4w 5w    SR  Econ Team

BJ Diamanti           8   66.5    1   370   18  20.55  5-58   1  1  22.2  5.53 CD
MJ Harvie             9   68.5    4   344   18  19.11  5-40   -  1  22.9  4.99 OTAGO
EP Thompson           8   69      5   336   13  25.84  3-65   -  -  31.8  4.86 CD
RM Hira               9   70      4   320   13  24.61  4-31   2  -  32.3  4.57 AUCK
CS Martin             9   78.2    8   319   13  24.53  3-7    -  -  36.1  4.07 AUCK
:unsure:
Fair point, but that tells me we don't currently have any decent backup seamers, so I would have taken Chris Harris personally.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain

You'd have to question the reasoning behind Tuffey's inclusion after two years (?) of not playing international cricket.. right before a world cup.

Natman20

International Debutant
You'd have to question the reasoning behind Tuffey's inclusion after two years (?) of not playing international cricket.. right before a world cup.
Previous form except for one poor over. Anyone they select would not really do a very efficient job. There is not that much to choose from. We will miss Mills for his form lately.

Natman20

International Debutant
2 pm NZ time so that makes it 11.00 am Melbourne time according to me. 3 Hours difference when I was listening to com bank series.

pup11

International Coach
Now since its clear that tait is in the world cup squad then why is he not in the chapple-hadlee series squad won't it have been better if he would have played more matches before the world cup. It would have been a better idea to rest McGrath, so that he doesn't get injured just before the world cup.