• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia may reschedule cricket season

Matt79

Global Moderator
Get the Kiwis over for a few tests to fill in the void?

Do we HAVE to play India then, in terms of the ICC forward plan schedule?

This is a similar situation to what happened to India this year with the CT - a meaningless ICC money-spinner looks set to seriously affect a member's major revenue raising period. Bad for cricket IMO...

biased indian

International Coach
i have also herad that SA is asking australia to tour to SA during dec january in the new FTP which will come up from 2011 onwards..........

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Why don't you just play 3 Test against Sri Lanka from November to the start of December and only play 3 Test against India from mid December to Jan?

Or even better play 5 Tests against Sri Lanka and forget about the India series...

brockley

International Captain
We will actually be busy 7 one dayers vs india in india,2 tests vs srilanka in novermber plus the chappell hadlee trophy.It will be good to see the international players play state cricket should bring in heaps of crowds too for the pura cup.
Then play 4 tests and a full one day series so pretty full season.The big interest is cricket vs afl and the rugby codes during the february march period.
I wouldn't be surprised with space round december that australia has another one day series against someone,bangladesh or zimbabwe would be nice a warm up to the tests.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, almost all their nations have turned around their "cricket seasons", so to speak, to fit the ICC calender. So it was only a matter of time before Australia did, esp. given the fact that the Australian season is also the time when cricket can be played at so many other nations. New Zealand, RSA, and even India and Pakistan have pretty good weather for cricket around that time. Unlike England whose season clashes with no one, really.

howardj

International Coach
The SL Test match gets slated for Brisbane. :@

Anyway, so India arrive in Australia in mid-December, and then play the 1st Test on Boxing Day. Deary me, when will teams ever learn? You need a decent preparation out here to put up a good fight. That time line only leaves scope for probably one FC game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bloody Twenty20 World Cup.

I agree with Howard, this is only going to be crap for India's preparation.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Yes another ICC ****-up - I reckon it would be better to hold the 20/20 World cup (if we think that's a good idea) in England this year (say between WI and India Test series) then SA in 2009 rather than other way round - it wouldn't affect this year's schedule and the problem with having it in England in 2009 is it will be overshadowed by the Ashes . But just a thought - India played Tests v Pakistan in 2004, 2005 and 2006.Do they need to play each other this year too - remember there will be no Ashes Tests for more than two years now. I don't think SL can go to Australia in October/November as England are due to go there from October.. (I suppose they can just invite Bangladesh). :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Maybe not.

Remember what happened last time India toured here when there was no McGrath and Warne. :ph34r:
Australia are a lot more prepared now, and back then the entire batting order of India was in form. You had Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Ganguly....all of whom scored and scored big.

I don't really have faith in any of them bar Dravid anymore. Overall, I think the loss of McGrath is what did it. If Warne had been playing, I think the result would likely have been the same. McGrath was the guy who would have made 1-1 Draw into 2-0 Australia.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Tendulkar wasn't in form at all. Played very well in the final Test, but it wasn't the knock of a batsman in form.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Maybe not.

Remember what happened last time India toured here when there was no McGrath and Warne. :ph34r:
Won't help when they all spend the first innings of the test adjusting their eye to Australian conditions...