• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent Injury Problems

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
This is to continue the discussion on the problems with Injuries that International teams have suffered lately (carried on from the Young English Players thread). Could we try and stick to the subject and since this is about all the teams it doesn't matter which team you post about. Just keep your opinions sensible and non-provokative. Thank you.
Rik

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think New Zealand have passed the disease on to England, so taking into account how long New Zealand had their crisis, England will probably pass it on by the end of 2004.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
There are reports that Gough might be forced to retire from test cricket because of health problems. Such a pity, he was a true match winning bowler, and he isn't that old , he's 32, could have easily played for 2-3 more years had he not gone down to injuries

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Gough is my favourite English player. I hope this isn't true. He was a great bowler and looked like he was having fun ever minute he was out there. Would be sad to see him go.

Bazza

International 12th Man
In the build up to the Ashes they showed highlights off our last tour. He was bowling some inspired stuff at times. There was one game where he had 7 catches dropped off him alone, as Australia racked up a big total. Also there was his hat-trick. Great bowler, true match-winner. It would be a shame if he does retire but we can't be too hopeful of seeing him again after two years out of the game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's hope yet for Gough. Look at Walsh. He was around for a fair old time and even when he retired he still looked one of the best bowlers in the business!

Bazza

International 12th Man
And he was more of a McGrath/Caddick bowler. A better example would be Allan Donald - look what happened to him over his last few years.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My bad. Donald is a better example. Gough will not be the fast-bowler that he used to be but if he changes his style a bit, he could be rather effective...just as Donald was down the strecth. Shorter run-up, line, length, off-cutter, leg-cutter, slower ball(Walsh had the best one :D). If he incorporates these into his game, he could still be a match winner.