• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi's height/weight and raw strength.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wasn't talking to you... was trying to bait an answer out of a potential alexkumar... did you ever experience him?

I was being sarcastic on the Tendulkar count, and was deliberately misspelling Yuvaraj as he failed to spell it correctly in any of his incarnations over a considerable period of time, and the caps were deliberate impersination.
Doh.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
its a know fact that vegeterians have less strength then meat eaters, thats all i am saying.
That's absolute bull****, it is however a known fact that vegeterians are generally a more healthy lot than omnivores.

It's about protein, and the only reason beef helps is because it's high in protein. If (like me) you're a vegeterian, you can substitute (and exceed) protein doses contained in meat by taking protein supplements. You can be as strong as you want, regardless of your diet. And in any case, working-out does an infinate amount more.

dass

Banned
then why are most indians tiny and week? and why are pakistanis who are meat eaters generally stronger. i am indian myself and for half of my life i was a vegeterian but when i started eating meat especially red meat i definatly started feeling stronger with more strength.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
then why are most indians tiny and week? and why are pakistanis who are meat eaters generally stronger.
Where's Jack's broom when you need it?

Anyway, I'd say it would be a combination of genetics, the lack of the protein supplements that Richard spoke of, and a general over-exaggerated stereotypical myth...

i am indian myself and for half of my life i was a vegeterian but when i started eating meat especially red meat i definatly started feeling stronger with more strength.
When you were a vegetarian, did you take the protein supplements that Richard spoke of?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does that include Yuvaraj?
Haha, I think it's just a coincidence, really. Go and read some of his non-beef posts and you'll see that it isn't Alex. Or even if it is, he's improved out of sight as a member and is no longer.. well.. annoying.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I say in SD - I've read a good few and there's certainly nothing untoward, but... well, best discussed in SD.

dass

Banned
Does that include Yuvaraj?
he is a meat eater, indian team has several meat eaters like Tendulaker, zaheer khan, irfan pathan, also kumble i think. and btw i am not saying that all vegeterians are weak but generally meat eaters are stronger.