• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe v Pakistan Tests & ODIs

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Pakistan take the lead in the second test, with Youhanna and Younis set for big scores. The score line is :

Zim 178-10
Pak 209-3

Youhanna 76
Younis 52

Pakistan should be looking at a lead of 150 or over form here on in. Although Inzamam is back in the pavilion (himself to blame then anyone else again). The pitch is keeping low, so Pakistan could be troubled playing last.

Price has bowled well throughtout the day though, I think he took the lead from Saqlain and exploited whatever resourses he had to good effect.

[Edited on 23/11/02 by Neil Pickup]

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Its really great to see Henry Olonga bowling well again and in combination with Blignaut they look a very good backup to Streak when he returns. Also once Streak returns then theres no need to pick Nkala again, he really isn't International Standard...at least at the moment.

wasims_fan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Youhana finally reached his 100.Well played youhana :).And its really good to see him back in form 8D.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Yes, its very heartening to see Saqlain and Youhana coming good in this match.

I always thought Saqlain to be a very talented off spinner.....his bowling in the last series in India three years back was phenomenal.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Now thats what i call Youhana and Saqlain 'in' again, and i am quite sure they will be deadly fit for the World cup now, i think the Pakistani team is finally getting back to its form.
Pakistan is still missing Wasim Akram and once he is back Pakistan is fit and ready to rock. 8D

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Well I would say dont count your chickens too early ;)

Its only Zimbabies, on flat tracks. Still these victories may prove to be crucial in salvaging that little bit of confidence Pakistan need right now.

And your forgetting that Pakistan still haven't managed to find a good opening pair. Taufeeq may fair well in tests but ODI's wihtout a seasoned campaigner like Anwar could prove to be tough. And the volatility of the middle order is well known !

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Gotchya
Well I would say dont count your chickens too early ;)

Its only Zimbabies, on flat tracks. Still these victories may prove to be crucial in salvaging that little bit of confidence Pakistan need right now.

And your forgetting that Pakistan still haven't managed to find a good opening pair. Taufeeq may fair well in tests but ODI's wihtout a seasoned campaigner like Anwar could prove to be tough. And the volatility of the middle order is well known !
Well no doubt about that but confidence is what Pakistan need the most right now. Youhana and Saqlain were lacking confidence for some time now, expecially Saqlain have bowled well after a very long time.
As far as opening pair is concerned Pakistan has to bring back Saeed Anwar and give him chance to get his confidence back and prove that he isnt finished yet instead of trying new ones each time.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Anwar....he's really disappointed me though, he has exceptional talent, but he never seemed to be worryng about his weakness outside his offstump which is probably the reason of his downfall against the likes of Mcgrath and Pollock.

Recently, he's been completely out of form, you would see him pushing at the ball not letting it to come to him, because he's not confident of that. Still, he's the most capable and talented at it when in from, he needs to be given atleast one more chance I think, to prove himself in SA conditions in the torunament ahead.
In my opinion, the decision regarding the openers in the upcoming one day tournament will spell out what is in store for Pakistan in the WC.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
And yes, Saqlain's performance must be a breath of fresh air for Waqar, who looked short of bowling resources in the last few months. With Saqlain's unusual slide of form, the Pakistan attack did look monotonous (not lacking the bite) and they sometimes lost a trick against players who are weak against spin. Hoepfully that gap will get fulled now.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well i remember the way Saqlain was used so effeciently by Wasim Akram and i think he was the one who knew how to really control the bowling department of Pakistan. I have seen him using all bowlers according to different situations very effectively.
And i think Anwar has been going through some emotionally low periods in his personal life that had shattered his confidence and the Pakistani team and selectors should try to bring the confidence back instead of shattering it even further and wasting such a valuable asset for Pakistan.

wasims_fan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yeah i agree with you.I think there has been a poor batting display from the Pakistani openers for quite a long time now,they need to bring back Anwar and boost up his confidence,hes the only good opener Pakistan has rigth now.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well done Kamal Akmal once again he has really done a good job both scoring and adding to the total of Pakistan and helping Youhana to build his innings too. Well done and well deserved 50.

Bazza

International 12th Man
He looks a decent player. Have we seen the last of Rashid Latif? And what of Moin Khan???!!

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
He looks a decent player. Have we seen the last of Rashid Latif? And what of Moin Khan???!!
I hope not thats just an attempt to give chance to a new keeper in the absence of Rashid Latif due to the injury, I think Rashid is still one of the best keepers Pakistan has produced and Moin has the edge for his unique and aggressive style of batting.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Youhana made a good stylish 159 to get Pakistan to 404, the lead is a healthy 225, and Zimbabwe are 98-2 atm. Pakistan should try and bowl out Zimbabwe for an innings defeat, its looks on the cards.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well apparently Rashid Latif is 'fit to continue his cricket career', despite early fears that it might be the end of his career.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Quote from Cricinfo Commentry:

44.4 Shoaib Akhtar to GW Flower, no run, downed again, another yorker on the boots and he falls over again
This is more like boxing :lol::lol::lol:

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Rik

44.4 Shoaib Akhtar to GW Flower, no run, downed again, another yorker on the boots and he falls over again
Thats what it is like when Shoaib is bowling anyways i think he can get almost anybody unbalanced with the pace and line he bowls.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by CricketGuru
Originally posted by Rik

Thats what it is like when Shoaib is bowling anyways i think he can get almost anybody unbalanced with the pace and line he bowls.
Yeah but so far he's only managed to get Grant out...