• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe v Pakistan Tests & ODIs

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It is ridiculous, but ZIM's poor rating means that Pak only go up 1 point if they win all 4 games this month!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Do these ratings matter? What is important for Pakistan is to regain some confidence ahead of the WC and a comprehensive win against Zim will go some way in achieving that.

Originally posted by anilramavarma
Do these ratings matter? What is important for Pakistan is to regain some confidence ahead of the WC and a comprehensive win against Zim will go some way in achieving that.
No the rating doesn't matter atall, Pakistan would only be thinking of winning some matches, trying out different players and gaining some confidence, improving their ranking just b/f the WC would be the last thing on their mind

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Seeing as seedings for future Tournaments will be based on the ratings, I guess they will be important.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Yes see above.

Information regarding the ramkings

Ranking Team Pld Points Rating

1 Australia 27 3465 128
2 South Africa 38 4571 120
3 Sri Lanka 35 4092 117
4 Pakistan 32 3675 115
5 India 37 3883 105
6 West Indies 28 2701 96
7 England 21 2014 96
8 New Zealand 31 2832 91
9 Zimbabwe 28 1886 67
10 Kenya 12 263 22
11 Bangladesh 13 145 11

A good series for the home side will see them improve their rating into the mid-70s while a Zimbabwe whitewash would cause Pakistan to drop below India in the rankings.

A comfortable series victory for Pakistan would give them the opportunity to move into third place in the ICC ODI Championship table. This would depend on the outcome of the series between South Africa (2nd) and Sri Lanka (3rd) who are due to play five matches against each other from November 27th. A heavy defeat for either South Africa or Sri Lanka in that particular series could see them fall into fourth place behind Pakistan.

In the first match Youhanna played a beautiful innings to get 141. Though the zimbabwean bowlers bowled poorly. The batsmen did cash in, inzi and younis got 50's....and Pakistan amassed 302. In the second innings i thought Waqar was bowling close to his best right from the start. Zimb 104/4, Pakistan should win this easy.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
The first ODI of the series won by Pakistan but a very good fight back by Zimbabwe actually much better than most expected, they really did well trying to chase the total just a few runs behind though.

Not a very impressive bowling by the Pakistani bowlers even though Waqar took three wickets and Wasim took two but not the best bowling performance by the Pakistani bowlers they need to work a bit on that but i guess they will b ready by WC.

A good ton by Youhana and another well played and balanced innings by him, with Salim Elahi and Inziman performing as well, its good to see that Inzimam is getting into the habit of scoring as well and thats very important for the Pakistani team but the Pakistani opener spot is still a big concern and they ought to bring back Saeed Anwar at that spot.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
hmmm...tremendous fight back by the Zim's, they were chokingly near, but just not enough batsmen to take them home. In all honesty though, largely the Pakistani bowlers were complacent after 4 wickets fell down. Andy flower made sure that this counted. Not taking away any credit from the zimbabweans, few teams get to 296 after 32/4........

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Gotchya
hmmm...tremendous fight back by the Zim's, they were chokingly near, but just not enough batsmen to take them home. In all honesty though, largely the Pakistani bowlers were complacent after 4 wickets fell down. Andy flower made sure that this counted. Not taking away any credit from the zimbabweans, few teams get to 296 after 32/4........
Pakistani team need to learn to be consistent, and not get too relaxed during the game a team with a bit better line up could have easily taken the match away, even zimbabwe could have taken it if they hadnt had that unfortunate runout.
The bottom line is Pakistan needs to learn to play professionally and waqar should make sure they do.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow a 50 for Blignaut :D this guy really is a breath of fresh air for Zimbabwe :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
the Pakistani opener spot is still a big concern and they ought to bring back Saeed Anwar at that spot.
What about putting Afridi up there again - seems to me he's wasted at 6/7

wasims_fan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Pakistan again managed to score a big total.Good batting display from the openers and also a great knock from youhana.And further more the great wasim akram bowled beautifully.

Wasim Akram 6 0 16 4 8D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by wasims_fan
Pakistan again managed to score a big total.Good batting display from the openers and also a great knock from youhana.And further more the great wasim akram bowled beautifully.

Wasim Akram 6 0 16 4 8D
Has anyone heard of Matsikenyeri or Rogers before out of interest?

76 off 34 balls deserves some respect though.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
What was Youhanna doing out there ? I mean he was hitting sixes like in the back yard !

The team i think is coming back to colour. This is the type of performance usually associated with Pakistan. If the batsmen fire, the bowlers never let em down. Still though the batting lacks that machine like precision and efficiency. Its not exactly a smooth function at the moment, against stronger bowling attacks they would struggle losing early wickets and hence struggling to put up totals. Bringing afridi up will only cause further problems. A solid good scoring pair will do, Afridi is too inconsistent, infact he's been failing on more occasions then not.

Waqar was nearing his 400 wickets did he get em ? I'll be starting a tribute thread soon.....

And for all, Wasim's come out with an impressive show of swing bowling...I hope there is more to come now !

Current match situation : Zim 140/6 Raining..

wasims_fan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Waqar was nearing his 400 wickets did he get em ? I'll be starting a tribute thread soon.....

And for all, Wasim's come out with an impressive show of swing bowling...I hope there is more to come now !

No,waqar has one more wicket to go for his 400.
And wasim has 15 more to go for his 500 :D

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by marc71178Has anyone heard of Matsikenyeri or Rogers before out of interest?
Yeah Matsikenyeri played in the 1st game!:P

How come no matter who it is, Zimbabwe's best scores come from 7 and 8?!:D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The pressure's off them and they've already all but lost, so possibly they (and the Pakistani's) relax a little and enjoy the game?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
Originally posted by Rik
Wow a 50 for Blignaut :D this guy really is a breath of fresh air for Zimbabwe :)
And his reward is to be dropped!
Yup and for Nkala...I have never understood Zimbabwe's selection Policies...Nkala is less than County Standard...:(!