• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's wrong in South Africa?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So you were referring to one day games? Didn't realise. Ours still aren't as well attended as they used to be, but there's usually an audience, if not a crowd.
I'm not even totally certain if such Corporate teams play one-dayers. One-dayers everywhere are better-attended than First-Class stuff.

But nah - I was just making the general point - roughly in agreeance with both you and myself - that First-Class domestic cricket isn't a spectator sport. I would, though, be interested to see a few crowd-numbers at domestic games in Pakistan and Sri Lanka - are they as desultory as the First-Class stuff?

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I'm not even totally certain if such Corporate teams play one-dayers
I wouldn't bother even if they did. I find the idea of watching a corporate sports team distasteful.

Mind you, a great number of "local" sports teams worldwide are basically corporate, now that I think about it. But at least there's a vestige of locality about them.